Post your 4 wheel camper 4 wheelin pics

Fish Chaser

So I've been looking around on various websites with FWC pages and forums and galleries and could't find much in the way of serious off roading with FWCs on the truck. I also finally actually have my Hawk on a 4X4 so I though I see if I could get a picture of it off the pavement. I went wheeling yesterday and today with some pretty serious Jeep and Toyota guys and I took my GMC Siera with FWC. I was doing the intermediate trails just fine, then decided to try an unmarked trail that had an interesting first climb. I made the climb pretty easily, but the long descent that follows was black diamond stuff for sure and no place for a truck like mine, let alone with a camper. First was the steep trench that I almost wedged my camper in,
Trench.jpg

after that came a steep section with huge bumps hole and off camber sections.
Oh Oh.jpg

I made it through, didn't hurt the camper at all, I did ovalize my tailpipe, and put several nice dents in the lower rocker panels, under the doors. The jeep and toyota guys were all set to photograph my roll-over and/or winch my crippled truck down the trail, they were kind of surprised I think that I made it mostly unscathed.

I have to think that twice praying that I could get through the trip safely and with my truck intact must have worked.

Does not look that bad. I use my Tundra and Hawk on a 4WD road once or twice a year. I just got a new Apple Air so will need to dig around to find pictures on DVD's as my old PC has crashed. But I do have a couple of videos on Youtube. Note I added the nerf bars to save my rocker panels. If your truck can go there I see no reason your 4WC can not come along :D

Video of me coming out of slick rock road, I have posted before

Pictures walking down slick rock into camp

Just another set of pictures of some friends coming out of camp

I keep my truck wheeling on the mild side. I have a Jeep for the tough stuff. Its my daily driver and too expensive to go beating it up.

th_donttakeyourearthroamer-1.jpg

I keep my truck wheeling on the mild side. I have a Jeep for the tough stuff. Its my daily driver and too expensive to go beating it up.

Keeping it on the mild side was actually my plan. That descent was the result of an error in judgement really. I went further on an unknown trail than I probably could have backed out, then it got rough.

My truck is my daily driver, and my wife would not give up her Subaru if I broke my truck. At least I now know what the truck can do in a pinch.

Does not look that bad.

Says the guy with the most rugged FWC off road video I've yet to see. Good stuff Bill!

If your truck can go there I see no reason your 4WC can not come along :D

It really doesn't have much choice. That's the whole beauty of the FWC right.

Isn't backing fun with a camper? I'm more than willing to do a 24 point turn if necessary but sometimes its too tight for even that. If I had a nickel for every road that ended suddenly with a locked gate, washout etc, I'd have about a dollar by now ;)

Back
Top Bottom