Potential Falcon Purchase

osu11

Im looking at purchasing a new to me Falcon to put on my double cab tacoma off road. Going to look at it this saturday. Anything to look out for with this model? The owner doesn't know what year it is but says it has the roll up windows on the outside. Could anyone provide me some insight on when the Falcon began being produced. I know the camper will be small but I'm looking to keep weight to a minimum and avoid any major modifications to my truck.

Thanks for all the help

There were van conversions back in the 80s-90s that were named Falcon......dont know if they if they did truck campers

3e25f9958ecbdbfcd7cfc164ce5016a1.jpg

We'll probably have to wait for Stan for definitive info but in the meantime I see the next-to-last post in this thread on RV.net refers to Four Wheel Campers' new Falcon model for five-foot truck beds in a January 2005 post. It says (in part)....

"However I found that four wheel campers has a new camper specifically designed for double cab trucks with a 5' bed:

http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/falcon.htm

It's the falcon model...."

But then I thought of checking Nadaguides. Falcons appear in the listings from 2002 to 2012.

As to issues, Google site-searches of WTW don't turn up a lot on Falcons and so far as I can tell no problems specific to the Falcon model other than its small size (you might want to do that site-search yourself if you haven't already). And if its size works for you, I'd think the key issue would be condition.

As to the year, if the number plate's there, get the serial number and call FWC for the year and details on what options were ordered with it. If the number plate's not there and you can determine who the original owner was, FWC can also find the unit by owner name (that's how I found my serial number).
The serial number should also be written on the frame in the left-front corner of the cabover area but it's probably covered by carpet and the owner may not want to risk damage trying to find it.

We built the Falcon Model from around 2000 - 2006, (+ or -).

Small camper, only 60" long (5' feet).

Biggest question ... what year, make, and model truck do you have ?

The Falcon Model was "bolted" to the truck bed (no internal tie downs), so really designed for the older Tacoma trucks with the metal truck bed.

If you have a 2005 - 2016 Toyota Tacoma, you will need to use external tie downs to attach the camper to the truck bed, and the camper will NEED to have at least the "jack brackets" for attaching turn buckles to. You might also need to shim the camper up -- add a small platform under the camper if your truck bed is a bit deeper than the camper base.

The Newer Tacoma's (2005 - 2016) trucks have a plastic / composite truck bed, so we don't recommend bolting the camper to that.

Tork-Lift makes some easy to install external tie downs that can work great.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to call me if I can be of help.

I was out of the office for the last week at a show, so I'm trying to get caught up with e-mails and messages.

Thanks everyone for the help, I truly appreciate it. I will keep you all informed as to if i take it home tomorrow.

Just an update I ended up purchasing the camper. It's in pretty good shape minus the interior walls. They are pretty beat up from gear sliding around from the previous owner. Probably going to have to contact fwc about sourcing their new lighter wall material. Pics will follow In a new thread.

Congrats on the new camper! Look forward to seeing some pictures

1990 Ford F-250
1997 fwc grandby

Back
Top Bottom