Powered by Pemex

DobleTraccion

Advanced Member
Well, it's looking like diesel is going to nudge $6.00 a gallon by summer's end.
That will put a serious crimp in stateside travel plans for this gringo.

However, if you're border-adjacent there's relief for the intrepid (or stupid, depending on who you talk to).

I went to Tijuana last week and filled both tanks in the "Broken W" at $2.07 a gallon.
Had I filled in the U.S., it would have been $201.00.
My Mexi-load cost $76 bucks.
Total elapsed time in Tijuana (including border line) was 55 minutes.
And get this: recent Pemex fuel prices are trending DOWNWARD.
Toss in the savings from a liter of duty-free Cazadores and the hits just keep on coming.

You can drive all over that dusty, narco-embattled burg looking for a station with diesel, though, so here's the scoop:
Cross the line, follow the "Tecate" signs (not the beer ads, Ese, the town), and head east. In about three miles, you'll see the "Frontera" newspaper building. The Pemex diesel station is just before that building.

Easy access back to the border.

Because it was daylight, I'm not a Mexican cop or politico, nor a rich local businessman, I wasn't kidnapped or shot. YMMV.

FYI: Daily Mexican auto insurance, a cop shakedown, and travel time could quickly send any savings over the falls. This won't work for most. If it does for you, consider low-cost annual insurance, a SENTRI pass, and the biggest under-bed tanks you can find. Cans and barrels aren't allowed.

Snr. Doble,
Sounds like a solid score.

Do You recall the price for Magna sin? just curious.

I'm hoping to get away in a couple of weeks. watching the charts:confused:

TT

Tomas, didn't check, but most recent intel was in the 2.65 zone.
I think.

Well done Doble. Wish I was close enough for quick strikes like that. I feel a Summer Baja road trip calling...:rolleyes:

Well done Doble. Wish I was close enough for quick strikes like that. I feel a Summer Baja road trip calling...:rolleyes:

I hear you.
Maybe next month--I'll need to refuel by then, might as well turn it into a little adventure.
Which reminds me: damn, I need to restock the corned beef hash...

Attachments

• Corn Beef hash.jpg
    Corn Beef hash.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 247
I hear you.
Maybe next month--I'll need to refuel by then, might as well turn it into a little adventure.
Which reminds me: damn, I need to restock the corned beef hash...

Yer killin' me! That's just plain evil.

(nice twinzer by the way)

Back
Top Bottom