President's Day Weekend trip to Death Valley

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
Wow, this is the third TR from DV trips posted this weekend.
What a great resource for WTW members who can visit this area.

We managed a four day trip, visiting Panamint Valley, and nearby attractions.
First chapter is posted.

[this may be a duplicate post, since I just made this same post, but it's not showing up]

Hey wait a minute. You mean no sheared bolts or horrendous dust storms? You must have been bored out of your mind. Seriously. Nice report and photos. Waiting for chapter 2. Thank you!

RONR said:
Hey wait a minute. You mean no sheared bolts or horrendous dust storms? You must have been bored out of your mind. Seriously. Nice report and photos. Waiting for chapter 2. Thank you!
No, Ron. I think you get the Run to Bishop for Repairs Award this time!

I really like monochrome for stark geometric subjects, but I'm a sucker for the deep blue polarized sky that is reminiscent of Kodachrome II slide film.

Paul

Love it. Eagerly awaiting the rest of the story.

I too am a Canon shooter and hardly bring my SLR (6D) on hikes. My G15 finally gave up the ghost and I replaced it with a refurbed G5X which I'm getting to know but so far I'm pleased with it. When doing post processing I have a huge dilemma for many photos. I usually do a virtual copy in grayscale. Then it is the decision process of which to choose.

Andy, we so look forward to your excellent trip stories and thrilling photography. It was especially a nice surprise to see you visited a special place. We share your concerns about disregard for backcountry regulations and the totally unnecessary damage caused by such thoughtlessness. Thank you for addressing it in your trip report. Also, the few people that we spoke with on our trip to Death Valley that weekend all mentioned sailing tents. We sure like our aluminum box!

Thanks again for the great trip story and travel safe! :)

Back
Top Bottom