Propane Lines

WyoIDI

Howdy,
I recently pulled the trigger on a new Truck Fridge 51 because warm beer just isn't all that great, even when camping. When I finally was able to free the old Dometic 2 way from the camper I was able to see the old copper tubing set up and wasn't all that impressed. It was almost kinked in a few places and it very much looked to be 28 years old along with rest of the camper. Granted the new fridge won't need propane, but the stove and future wave 3 will.

So, I was wondering whats the new gold standard out there with LP lines and fittings? I couldn't dig any specific info up on searching past threads and I've noticed a variety of materials used in the build threads. While I've used the the rubber lines with brass 1/4" fitting for the BBQ and other appliances, I'm not sure how it would fare tucked up behind cabinets and it only comes in precut lengths with the fittings. Is there a material that you can cut to length and add fittings too other than copper? thanks!
Jon

There is a hose made specifically for propane that uses thread-together fittings (aka "Hansen" or similar to one AN type). I have some on the camper between the tank and the hard line, but there's nothing printed on it. Local hydraulic hose firm sold it & the fittings to me.

Was it me, I'd use a dedicated tube size bender and flare dead soft copper tube for all of the fixed runs and save the hose for the tank connection.

Like ntsqd said, I would also use copper tubing made for propane (I think it's 3/8), a quality bender, and the minimum amount of flare fittings needed to connect to each appliance.

Back
Top Bottom