Propane not flowing...

ken3737

I own a 2013 Hawk with the typical 2 propane tank configuration. Last week we emptied tank #1 & switched to #2 but we're unable to light our stove. Also unable to light the propane heater. We re-filled tank #1 but weren't able to get that going either. Could it be a bad regulator?? The tech who filled our tank advised to open the tank slowly -- which we did. Thanks for your help...

Our '16 Hawk came with instructions to wait at least 10 mins after turning on the propane before lighting any appliance using the propane. My understanding was this is due to safety flow valve that slowly opens to allow full flow upon initial pressurization.

Not certain if this helps you.

Phil

These "new" safety valves can be a problem at times.
I haven't had any issues with my camper tank,I have a horizontal tank.
But on my home BBQ tank with a Weber Q,there are times that the flow isn't full and it doesn't get hot enough,
due to opening it to fast. The Weber answer was open the valve slowly.
Saying all that I did read that if you open the main valve slowly you shouldn't have any problems.
Frank

The safety valve is designed to protect you in the case of a line rupture in the camper. If there is a sudden full flow the safety valve shuts (like the new washing machine supply lines). When you change bottles and hook to empty lines the safety sees that outflow and constricts, hence the 'open valve slow' advise. FWC suggests using the stove to get the lines filled again. All that being said, if you've left the valve open for 15 minutes and tried unsuccessfully to light the stove several times you may have a regulator problem.

Back
Top Bottom