propane Tanks

wcj

Advanced Member
Any suggestions for carrying a propane tank? I currently carry the tank in the camper, sit it outside when we are set up. The tank fits snugly in a plastic milk crate so it does not tip over in the camper, but I would appreciate any better suggestions.

I attached a photo from airport campground on the White Rim Trail from March, rain and snow made for a cold trip. tmpphpvkiEs6.jpg

Depending on the length of the trip, I will carry one or two tanks inside my camper. I use bungee cord to secure them to the side of the camper. Once I arrive at the campsite, I place them outside.

I've installed a tank under the passenger side seat forward of where the wheel well is. It's a little tricky getting the tank location over the wheel well when installing the camper but the tank is out of the way and one tank will last us well over a couple weeks. I'm looking at what it will take to install a horizontal tank under the bed, forward of the wheel on a quick connect gas line in the sidewall....I'm pretty sure a 7 gal horizontal will fit and with a little body work, the tank could be filled from the exterior of the bed through an access door like the vw's.

Hi Mike ;)

Back
Top Bottom