Protection from Critters for Heater

MrWindow

I had a camper trailer that the heater got damaged from wasps and mud daubers getting in the exhaust of the heater and building nests. I have looked around and found some screens that for my unit are exterior mounted and might come off eventually.
Here is my .99 solution.
heater plug.jpg
I need to put a red piece of yarn or ribbon on the thermastat like an aircraft so I don't forget to remove before use!

MrW

<snip>
I need to put a red piece of yarn or ribbon on the thermastat like an aircraft so I don't forget to remove before use!

MrW

:D

That is a great idea! In my last camper I had the same problem. Had to take the heater basically completely apart to clean it out and get it working and safe again! Love the 99 cent solutions! :cool:

I had a camper trailer that the heater got damaged from wasps and mud daubers getting in the exhaust of the heater and building nests. I have looked around and found some screens that for my unit are exterior mounted and might come off eventually.
Here is my .99 solution.
View attachment 14857

MrW

What a great idea. It should also go under the "low cost mods" thread.I'll have to look into this.Although I don't live in a big wasp area,but you never know.
Frank

What a great idea. Although I don't live in a big wasp area,but you never know.
Frank

The little wasps can cause problems as well :)

CAMCO makes a slick little flying insect screen. It attaches to the Hydro Flame face plate with a couple of springs. I purchased one this afternoon after having my 3-way refrigerator serviced. It looks kind of cool. I've never had a problem with inscets but why wait until you do? The part number is FUR 100.

CAMCO makes a slick little flying insect screen. It attaches to the Hydro Flame face plate with a couple of springs. I purchased one this afternoon after having my 3-way refrigerator serviced. It looks kind of cool. I've never had a problem with inscets but why wait until you do? The part number is FUR 100.

Is this the part?

FUR 100

I've been meaning to do that for ages. Luckily no flying critters have taken up residence in mine yet.

Back
Top Bottom