Providence Mountains State Recreation Area Closed

This is a commentary on what has happened deep in the Mojave Desert, one of the places we wanderers of the west enjoy. This place has memories for me when I was a kid.

Providence Mtns.

Sad.

Yeh, just a view of things that will happen if-and when -they start closing the state parks. When I was just on the coast, I heard that they are supposed to hire a whole bunch of new law enforcement types to protect the closed parks (already hired two, with two more in process), while at the same time firing 20% of the regular ranger types:mad:, and all the life guards (what about the TV series?) -doesn't make sense at all-cause no-one still knows what's going to happen in august!

Smoke

i saw an article about the caverns being trashed awhile back,what a shame as that area has so much history.
i posted a trip report a coupe of years ago showing a remote almost untouched mine in the same area.
the whole preserve is a great place to get away and relive what is was like in past years.

over the past 5-6 years we have made 4-5 trips and each time we find more and more damage to the spots we visit
and i am talking about remote spots that are not assessable easily.

so much for our "green" society"that cares!

nap time so drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les,lqhikers

Read about this on another desert site awhile back. Sad indeed especially due to the remoteness as Les mentions. Nothing is sacred these days. More and more remote cabins are getting desecrated, stoves and artifcafts stolen, it's a pretty sad state of affairs.

reminds me that not to long ago charles manson's hide out cabin was torched,was
a shame as we were up there a short time before it happened (golar wash area).

we talked to 2 park service workers who were on their own time and money repairing the roof and porch
so as to maintain cabin for everyone to enjoy.

and a little before that in the same area someone burned to the ground in surprise canyon a real
interesting place with a lot of history.

we feel lucky that we were able to see this piece of history before the dirt bags burned it.

seems like the "out back" will not be very interesting for future generations!

enough for now it's almost dinner time.

drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Les,lqhikers

Back
Top Bottom