Pulled the Trigger

Stopbit

Just ordered my Eagle shell for my 2011 Ford Ranger Sport, and now the long(4 to 5 weeks) wait begins :) Having some SuperSpring's installed this weekend. I'll be eating Ramen Noodles for a while but it will be worth it.

Went with the following options:
Swing-Out jack brackets
Furnace
2 Burner Stove on Furnace cabinet
Roll over couch
12V outlet
Curtains
Fan-Tastic Fan
Screen Door
Roof Rack
Rear Wall steps
Flood Lights
Aux Battery
Side awning light
Solar Plug on roof
3 piece table

Just ordered my Eagle shell for my 2011 Ford Ranger Sport, and now the long(4 to 5 weeks) wait begins :) Having some SuperSpring's installed this weekend. I'll be eating Ramen Noodles for a while but it will be worth it.

Went with the following options:
Swing-Out jack brackets
Furnace
2 Burner Stove on Furnace cabinet
Roll over couch
12V outlet
Curtains
Fan-Tastic Fan
Screen Door
Roof Rack
Rear Wall steps
Flood Lights
Aux Battery
Side awning light
Solar Plug on roof
3 piece table

Congrats. You will love it. Am I missing the refrigerator?

Jack

Congrats. You will love it. Am I missing the refrigerator?

Jack

That is not an option with the shell model but plan on getting a ARB fridge when money allows and just use a nice cooler with ice until then.

now the long(4 to 5 weeks) wait begins :) I'll be eating Ramen Noodles for a while but it will be worth it.

I just paid my first payment on mine, and I won't even see it until April.

Haha

I just paid my first payment on mine, and I won't even see it until April.

Haha

That sucks, luckily between bonus, taxes, and not eating for awhile I am buying mine outright.

Should be great, Stopbit! Are you driving to Woodland to get it, or will you take delivery somewhere closer to you?

Going to pick it up in Reno, NV which will save me a few hundred dollars plus some gas. Was planing on a trip to AZ anyway to visit a friend so only about a 14 hour detour.

So got the call that camper will be ready to install on 3/19 in Reno, NV. I did have a Front opening window added to my build. Will take lots of pictures and start a new thread once I pick it up. Forgot to add that I had SuperSprings installed on the Truck as well.

Woot Woot, Congrats. Hope you enjoy some good camping on the way home.

So got the call that camper will be ready to install on 3/19 in Reno, NV. I did have a Front opening window added to my build. Will take lots of pictures and start a new thread once I pick it up. Forgot to add that I had SuperSprings installed on the Truck as well.

I was hoping to, but since I have to fly out to Reston, VA on 3/24....looks like just some stealth camping at a rest stop on my way home :) Will have to wait until mid April for a full shakedown.

Woot Woot, Congrats. Hope you enjoy some good camping on the way home.

....looks like just some stealth camping at a rest stop on my way home :) Will have to wait until mid April for a full shakedown.

Same for me.

Below, my first night in the camper.

img1409ps.jpg

So I had been a little worried about payload weight on my Ranger since so many posts on other sites say don't use a TC with a Ranger. So from Ford's info my Ranger has a max payload of 1370lbs or 1500lbs (which includes 150lbs for driver) with payload package. Since payload package is just heavy duty shocks which the sport model has standard and higher spring rate which my SuperSprings (rated at 3000lbs) sort of does, I figure my max is somewhere in the middle of the two number's. Lets figure my Eagle shell with options is 750lbs seems like that leaves me between 600lbs to 750lbs for cargo and passenger. So my question is how is this not safe? Maybe I'm just reading to much into random posts from people that don't really know what they are talking about since the numbers seem to say it's safe according to Ford's spec's.

my source:
http://www.ford.com/services/assets/Brochure?make=Ford&model=Ranger&year=2011

We are very happy with our ATC/FWC and Ranger. It has been to a lot of interesting places and has carried us on many adventures. It will take us on many more.

Back
Top Bottom