Pyramid Lake, April 2018

RONR

Headed off for another trip to catch the famous Lahontan Cutthroats. There’s nothing better than loading up the camper for another adventure. Rods, reels and flies packed and ready for another great fishing trip. Great food in the fridge for me and the guys and just a touch of my favorite whiskey to share around the campfire. Can’t wait.

I head out of Marin and touch bases with my friends with plans to meet at the lake at around 5 in the afternoon. One guy is already there and says the weather is great.

I head across highway 37 past Sears Point Raceway (or whatever it’s called now) and begin the journey on the highway through the San Pablo Bay National Wildlife Refuse. Seeing egrets, swans and white pelicans floating against a cloud scattered deep blue sky just taking in the beauty of nature and the wonders of migratory waterfowl. I watch puddle ducks jump from the water and begin their flight north. How absolutely beauti.........oh, oh, oh oh nooooooo! “Pump those wings you dumb&$#@ duck”. “Get the $#@* up you idiot”! Oh nooooooooooooo!

Drake mallard 0
Windshield 0
FWC 1 (feathers notwithstanding)

Actually, I felt bad for the duck, but don’t tell my hunting buddies.

End of trip report.

med_gallery_55_2_78609.jpg

Ouch! At least it wasn't big enough to go through the windshield. I once saw a semi-tame white goose from a park go through a cement truck windshield and almost end up in the driver's lap....

Ron!​You are supposed to tell me when you are going fishing! :) I hope all is well. Are you going up to the 'creek' this year?

kmcintyre said:
Ron!​You are supposed to tell me when you are going fishing! :) I hope all is well. Are you going up to the 'creek' this year?
Yes I’m going to the creek and I hope I see you guys. I’ve also got my maps out looking at options for Lolo Motorway, North fork of the Clearwater, Kelly Creek and so on maybe in July. I know you’ve done that and we talked but when I get more familiar with the maps, I’ll email you for more advise.

Good to hear from you and hope all is well.

Ron

RONR said:
Yes I’m going to the creek and I hope I see you guys. I’ve also got my maps out looking at options for Lolo Motorway, North fork of the Clearwater, Kelly Creek and so on maybe in July. I know you’ve done that and we talked but when I get more familiar with the maps, I’ll email you for more advise.

Ron
Sounds great. Lolo is so great. Mid to late July it opens up. I'll check w/ Bill (I forwarded your original post to him) and see if he's planning on visiting. I think another friend is taking Bill's spot this year too.

RONR said:

Ron

From watching friends in the PNW post there has been a heavy snowpack in the Clearwater darainage this year. Might be very late before some things oven up. I've had good flows for kayaking in the north fork of the Clearwater drainage well into July in past years with similar snow falls.

https://www.wcc.nrcs.usda.gov/ftpref/data/water/wcs/gis/maps/id_swepctnormal_update.pdf

Ron,

I just re-visited this posting and I'm assuming Jeff was in the truck with you when this happened? You should have pushed him out!

Kevin

Ha! Actually he was at Pyramid Lake where we were headed. For anyone else reading, my truck routinely has problems only when my friend Jeff is around...or the truck finds out that we are going to be seeing him. Its freaky! Really. I had to have him get out of my truck once because the gps maps would not work until he left. Knowing she will be around a 1 ton with the Arctic Fox freaks her out, so I believe she sabotages in order to avoid it. Maybe it’s the generator, microwave or the oven. I believe she thinks it unnatural!

Back
Top Bottom