Q: Montezuma Canyon, UT

Bosque Bill

Anyone have experience driving and/or camping in Montezuma Canyon, San Juan Co, UT? People have mentioned a scenic route through the canyon along Montezuma Creek east of Blanding, but I wasn't able to find anything here on WTW.

I know some of it is in BLM land and they have a very short entry here: https://www.blm.gov/visit/search-details/16214/2

I think some of it may be private land or tribal lands, but my maps don't give much indication.

Thanks,
Bill

Looks interesting Bill. I will be very close by at one point in May, but doubt I'll have the time to explore that road and give a report. Following along it with Google Earth I spotted these (fertilizer) tanks... at 37.532207, -109.236112 so the road must be doable by truck. I also spotted several side roads with campsites and various canyons to explore.

If you go, I look forward to your report!

Hi Bill-
Nice TR. we were there many years ago in the second half of June and were consumed by black flies and had to leave before we had a chance to see anything. Did you encounter any?

smlobx said:
Hi Bill-
Nice TR. we were there many years ago in the second half of June and were consumed by black flies and had to leave before we had a chance to see anything. Did you encounter any?
Eddie, no flies that I saw.

Back
Top Bottom