Question about Attwood heater.

That's great news, Frank!

As to the thermostat question, I believe the current leading contenders here on WTW are the ICM Frost Sentry FS1500VL discussed here and the Honeywell TH110DV1000 discussed in this thread (down around post #64 and beyond).

Another possibility is the White-Rodgers 1E78-140 discussed in the latter thread, particularly if the lower-temperature operation range and the display lag discussed there aren't important to you.

All of them are non-programmable and easy to operate.

I swapped in the Frost Sentry one and like how it works but I don't have a whole lot of time with it.

I'm still thinking about going back to Alaska in November, so I changed out my Thermostat with better Honeywell. Also moved all the controls a removable control dash board that screws into the thicker supports and added another 12 socket for my laptop computer and a dual USB. The 12V socked and dual USB connect to the unused "Spotlight" fuse. I ordered an assortment of zener diodes and plan to replace the 2 AAA batteries in the thermostat with a 3 V zener diode and a 1K resistor connected permanently to 12V. That way it won't be affected by low batteries or low temperatures.

Attachments

• IMG_2010 (1).jpg
    IMG_2010 (1).jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 96
Carld
Hi I understand the desire to be hooked up. Check that you won't loose any program (if programmable) , some stats use batteries as a back up for settings should power be lost.
Russ

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom