Question for people over 6'4"??

cbartists

Hi there, new to forum. With the Hawk model My husband is 6'4" and needs to sleep so that his feet can hang over the end so we are looking at popup truck campers (only) that have the option to sleep front to back, or N-S. It would seem to be the more functional way for two people to sleep in the same bed (no need to climb over someone to get up) For my tall husband we are afraid that sleeping e-w or side to side would be inconvenient for, and uncomfortable because he would have to either curl up (or push his feet against the walls, even 77" side to side is short for him. Perhaps this is not the camper for us?

The bed dimensions with the extra slide out section each measuring 32x77 would become 64"x77" bed. Does anyone over 6'4" have this setup? Comments, suggestions, advice, customizing ideas (??!!) would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

:confused:

possable answer to cbartists

welcome to the site ,i'm sure you will be getting some good ideas from members. an idea came to me when reading your post .i have a eagle started out as shell so dont have the measurements of your unit but in mine you could add a extension to each side support that the bed slides out on,doing this you could add a removable shelf (3/4")plywood covered with matching carpet,adding a lip like the bed has would add support,a piece of covered foam to match easy to use and store ,hope this gives you an idea!.drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

hello cbartists

Yes, we can make the cab-over bed like that

We have quite a few customers each year order that for their campers

You will want to select the "Extended Cab-over Bed" (48" Cab-over) and then we can add the 32" slide-out into the camper area (the same 32" slide out we use for the "standard" cab-over bed) .

In short, when you order just tell us you would like the "Extended Cab-over Bed" with the "King Size" 32" slide-out.

With this you can sleep side to side, or front to back.

The over-all measurements of the cab-over bed will be approx. 77" x 80".

Makes for a hugh bed !

Hope this additional information helps.

Just let me know if you have any other questions.

We are always glad to help !

Back
Top Bottom