Question on Lowering Tire pressure

Vic Harder said:
I'd like more details on the south vs north approach. Plan on being in there in April too.
Vic, I will send you any information I glean in March...when do you plan on being in Utah?

I was just looking at camping spots in Arizona and saw sort of similar "lottery" or only available to purchase the month before and thought what the heck. I had no idea where white pocket was, but do now. What a pain in the brown eye trying to get a spot. Hopefully you can just boondock somewhere close, cuz otherwise I'll not go myself.

If you need a place to camp

North West of Kanab on US 89 there is a parking area with a pit toilet that I spent the night last year. Peekaboo Trail-head near MP79. The door was very squeaky that I grabbed my WD-40 and made it quiet. Did not need to hear that at o'dark thirty.

peekaboo.JPG

When you camp at White Pocket this area in RED we have found to be quieter during the day and at night from others.

If you go further North the road has a end and could camp there, But every time we are there some car gets stuck in the deeper sand past where the red circle is.
whitepocket.JPG
whitepocket2.JPG

And at the trail head parking Cottonwood Cove parking if you arrive the day early from your permit, walk over to these features to pass the time.
cottonwood cove.JPG

Adventurer said:
I was just looking at camping spots in Arizona and saw sort of similar "lottery" or only available to purchase the month before and thought what the heck. I had no idea where white pocket was, but do now. What a pain in the brown eye trying to get a spot. Hopefully you can just boondock somewhere close, cuz otherwise I'll not go myself.
I fully understand...

Oddly White Pocket does not require reservations...yet.....we try our best to avoid NP/SP zoo facilities; prefer the quiet, dark, no people dispersed sites; the peaceful spots...too damn old to suffer the fools anymore...this trip will be my last one into the turmoil of crowed areas; no more "need reservations"...I know better; my bad not to stay in the boondocks....

"Carson City"...thanks for all the tips...Ps. I grew up in Reno in the '50s....when it was nothing but downtown surrounded by sagebrush..

Phil

How much should I air down is a question I hear a lot. I have a system that provides an excellent safe starting point for airing down. I have used and tested my system on many vehicles up to 12K with a variety of tires with great success.

Using a 1" square tube or solid piece under your tire and start deflating. Using a piece of paper under each side of the tubing under the tire air down until the tire touches the ground on both sides.

Pictured is a CTD FWC flatbed at 11,700lbs on 37's

cB9x6FSY917q_Qa62uE4TCCzKZlGx57s0DWViHBuaS6K9nmrunvvqKxLKhQnxmVfHy6taYQjC7-1qIypHVwz9kWuq28Q7tntCdTOomencEtMb7d0UYKCEmNUnOwjZov-O-2h8DPiB-P2YN5e13e24CktJMuY1Or5PFX0zPo28U1bmH0Nu0Sci5PggJ2brKDagy8CsxRWaJphsB0AzJtA-IZKMRjsJ1eeND-endKjEXWkQb5zDoBsAx5p45syfknssJhsq1Q9Vio1jdvaEcom5RFJbp-NYb6dFP9Pmv4elyNH3p4DCmRuxM53fUJifcdLJ9J-2DKLvse_HxFHaydSDnqpr_NRIkZcWeuweAUPcpI1aoaKTtVXBdp6cdRvRpa7ZjKFKDhoShfiA0Y-MQ9knjqCyNR8KTDjOgWdeP59HG0Ok2pvAVm407VhP2QYXtUE4wFTGEn8VqTsdngdLNv5bE54LRkoB9c2qFNEkxKymTHcyBQBHMmB3qFWYnFf32itKHquO6siZvYLbZfVTUlfEOx7Dt3yvPm9Rq5ckAs0yyX1bqr1Vrjqe9NhvVm6Ovf2Hk-JgkIOhAVTcPUhyQhv_LlghOIrYsE0Ai5S8lwKVZGMDt38yMWbbrKpAZ4TImjNWY2kpKZr2oFRJPbcv6RSKx68Kxz5wvqiuQlLHMqMIQOp2z_PcOFvGtdC-8SyJBk=w1010-h758-no

Back
Top Bottom