Quick Bodega Bay trip

CALIcamperdad

Tossed the kids and dog in the Subaru hitched the little tent trailer up and hustled out of town Friday at 3pm. By 4:40 we were backing into a site at Bodega Dunes. What a fantastic weekend! Awesome weather... I did spy a FWC on a Black Ford Ranger. Sorry I didnt say Hi. I had my hands full with two kids, a rookie first time camping dog and a friend with his son who were total newbies.

We goofed off Saturday at the beach. Kids had a blast.Sunday we packed up and headed to Dillon Beach. I've never been there. The large private end of the road Dunes camping area was $8 day use. The gate keeper told me as of last month the whole facility was under new management and they were in the early process of tearing out the old semi permanent trailers and evicting others. New facilities are slated to be built in the next few months. I recal hearing this area was sort of a little wild west and the camping was just RV parking lot style camping. Perhaps this is changing? There were only about 15 campers there spread out across the large area. Our dog loved running on the beach. His first Beach experience and it was pretty comical. Many walkers got a good laugh from his high speed racing around.
Great trip!

22.5mpg for the trip towing the trailer.

That would have been me in the FWC/ATC camper. I'd love to think that Dillon will improve, but I am growing to appreciate Bodega Dunes, especially in windy weather. I'd spent two nights out on Doran Park -- an endorsement of the weather resistance of the camper, but had for some kinda complex family reasons not booked in for Friday. Shoulda spent the whole stay at Bodega Dunes which was really nice.

Birding was really nice at Doran Beach, though. Can't complain.

Yes Bodega Dunes was nice. They do need to open up the rest of the campground though. Its pretty much booked solid. We swung by to see if we could get a spot. The other option was the ranch across the road.

Back
Top Bottom