Quick Trip to Rainbow Lake Wilderness

takesiteasy

Here is a report on our recent trip to Wisconsin. We visited the Rainbow Lake Wilderness and Copper Falls State Park.

http://travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com/2014/09/a-short-trip-back-to-rainbow-lake.html

IMG_4822.JPG

Nice trip report with some fantastic pictures. This one on the post of the morning light is a standout.

Alan

Thanks Al. Really enjoyed the scenery.
I still have fond memories of our Minnesota trip 2 years ago.
You live in some beautiful country.
Your walk through the mud reminds me of our Alaska trip in 09 to Prince of Wales island.
The campground was on a nice lake we were the only campers there. The lake had a nice "boardwalk" trail around it.
As we neared the end of the trail the boardwalk ran out and we were walking in "muskeg" up to our calf's in some places. Unlike your walk we couldn't go back and we were within view of our site. Muskeg isn't much fun walking through. One good thing it's not very muddy.

Thanks again for the trip.
Frank

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Highz, poison ivy's not too bad once you learn to recognize it and stay clear (and keep the dog out of it). I had some bad cases as a kid and learned the hard way. Now I see it easily and give it a wide berth. Out west, it's poison oak. I almost walked right in to a patch 'cause I didn't know it. A friend saved me. :LOL:

takesiteasy said:
Highz, poison ivy's not too bad once you learn to recognize it and stay clear (and keep the dog out of it). I had some bad cases as a kid and learned the hard way. Now I see it easily and give it a wide berth. Out west, it's poison oak. I almost walked right in to a patch 'cause I didn't know it. A friend saved me. :LOL:
"Leaflets three let it be!" :eek:
(growing up outside of Redding, CA, the two major shrubs were manzanita and poison oak...so I, too, had to learn :cautious: )

Thanks for sharing your trip. :)

Thanks for the report and photos from the North Woods! I should get up there again sometime. Maybe Isle Royale next fall.

Stew, can't beat the Northwoods in the fall. This year fall color is supposed to be great due to all the rain this summer.

takesiteasy said:
Stew, can't beat the Northwoods in the fall. This year fall color is supposed to be great due to all the rain this summer.
Will miss the Nothwoods this fall but will be in the Smoky Mountains for a week. Hope to see some color there as well!

Back
Top Bottom