Quick Wildflower getaway Upper Suislaw River Oregon

DavidGraves

We managed a quick getaway to the upper reaches of the Suislaw west of Eugene and saw lots of lower elevation wildflowers in bloom.

Camped on a tributary and it was full of hatchery fry.....all clustered together like they had been recently delivered from hatchery.

I don't know fish biology but this school of perhaps 250 fry were behaving like they were still in a rearing pen......fair game to predators and also competing for very little food. Hope they graduate to the school of natural learning quick.

Spent one night up on Marys' Peak....early for most of the flowers but they was a profusion of Glacier lillies....thousands ! Had we been later we would have missed these.

Still very pleased with the design and versatility of our Hawk shell on the 3/4 ton Chevy.

David Graves

Sounds like a great trip! Glacier Lillies are so beautiful. We call them Dog Tooth Lillies and/or Fawn Lillies. Beautiful by any name!

Nice! I spent 6 years in grad school at OSU in Corvallis, so that was my back yard. We would drive up to Mary's Peak from time to time, but I don't remember ever being up there when the lilies were blooming, so that's very cool!

Back
Top Bottom