Quickpitch Shower

Bombsight

Attachments

• 22281907_554304884906326_7879591996853329110_n.jpg
    22281907_554304884906326_7879591996853329110_n.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 810
watched it on mute. pretty neat. image it would be great if positioned in front of a van door so you could step in and out with out being "exposed".

We use something like this

Inside we put down our astroturf doormat and bring inside our Zodi Extreme at 100F :D
In windy conditions I anchor the top, where I slit the fabric and clip a carabiner through the spring steel hoops.
The rear steps of the camper are a good place to use an adjustable strap to tie it off.
We park a beach chair just outside with towel at the ready.

Bombsight said:
I saw it in one of Andrew St. Pierre White's videos last month and immediately thought that unique curtain-hanging bar is a great idea. As is the storage of everything in a compact form.

The criticism of it at the time was Quickpitch didn't have any detail on their website and just had a 'send us a message' form as far as ordering. I see they now have at least have a price in South African rand so that's about $325US for the boxed one and $250US for the bagged one. But its still unclear what it would cost to actually get one in hand in the US or Canada.

Still, we'd each have to evaluate how well it works for our specific rig and camping needs.

In the video, Andrew has his shower controls for his on-board water system right there. That led me to realize I could put one above the opening side-window on my Hawk to have a nice shelf and place to put clothing and shower supplies. But would that really work?

And would I want to be tied to showering right there beside the truck or would it sometimes mean I'd have to move the truck to a better spot before taking my shower?

Old Crow said:
And would I want to be tied to showering right there beside the truck or would it sometimes mean I'd have to move the truck to a better spot before taking my shower?
Good point.

We got a Zodi i.hut shower enclosure five or six weeks ago. Have not yet used it. Pretty easy to set it up.

Roomy and seems durable. It will require tent pegs and tying it to the camper in the wind. Its support poles and sides attach to the ground cloth. Weighs about 12 lbs. http://zodi.com/accessories/ihut-shower-enclosure
Did not get the top for it.

We had tried a couple of the small pop-up privacy tents. One destroyed itself in the first use when the wind hit it and the other ripped when it was being assembled. Both were much lighter construction than the i.hut.

Paul

I have seen the video, and I think it's awesome.
we currently have a small pop-up shower tent.
it sets up easy, but it's a pain in the butt to tear back down, plus it's an awkward size to try and store.

Bseek, I have been using almost the exact same thing for 25 years only my poles are EMT. I like yours better!

cwd

Before you continue reading, sit down. You have been warned.

I have been in contact with the US distributor. Here is what he sent me.

Hi Tim,

I have those prices for you, Shipping and import taxes are a monster.
Soft case will be 596.20 plus UPS to you
Hard case will be 735.85 plus UPS to you
Dennis
Overlandwa.com
253-397-0307

Timothy McGowen said:
Before you continue reading, sit down. You have been warned.

I have been in contact with the US distributor. Here is what he sent me.

Hi Tim,

I have those prices for you, Shipping and import taxes are a monster.
Soft case will be 596.20 plus UPS to you
Hard case will be 735.85 plus UPS to you
Dennis
Overlandwa.com
253-397-0307

:oops:

I built something similar using PEX for the upper frame, some plastic chain to hang it from, and a couple regular shower curtains. Hung the whole thing off the end of the rear tarp-awning spar that I built.

Did not work well. Needed something to keep the wind from blowing the curtains around. Made a second PEX hoop and clamped it to the bottom of the curtains for a test. Now the wind blew the whole thing sideways enough that it would make contact with whomever was inside.

Abandoned it and bought a Clam screen room with 4 sides. Much better use of weight, can use the enclosure for a range of options rather than just showering.

For those of you looking for a simple, functional shower and bath enclosure. Sorry I do not have pictures so you will have to visualize how this works. Horizontally, under the overhang of the camper attach two 2”X 2” X 24” weatherized strips of wood - these can be whatever distance apart that you wish the width of the shower curtain to be. Attach to the wood strips two stainless steel marine drawer glides. You can purchase these that are 24” long with 48” full extension. Attach a 1” aluminum bar, cut to length to the front of the drawer glides. Attach a strap with a snap to this bar with corresponding snap to underside of camper to hold the drawer frame from opening when traveling. Attach a hand held shower nozzle holder to the drawer glide closest to your shower outlet from the camper. When you want to take a shower you just unsnap, pull out the drawer glides and hook your shower curtain over the glides and aluminum bar put nozzle in holder and you are ready to go. For a floor to the shower those roll up aluminum table tops work well. Velcro attachments on the table top and shower curtain keep it from blowing around in most regular wind. When done you can just put the rolled up table top and the shower curtain in a dry bag for storage. The marine drawer slides cost about $120 everything else pretty cheap. It basically does what the more expensive Quickpitch does for a lot less $ and is not another thing sticking out on the side of the camper to catch on limbs.

The Quick pitch shower rooms are now available in the USA!

It is suggested that you pre-order them if you want one. They are selling fast.
The prices quoted in previous posts are incorrect.

If cleanliness is next to holiness, how can 8 second setup time be beat?

http://www.overlandwa.com/quick-pitch-.html

Attachments

• IMGP4400.jpg
    IMGP4400.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 273
  • IMGP4404.jpg
    IMGP4404.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 244
  • IMGP4407.jpg
    IMGP4407.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 418
  • IMGP4414.jpg
    IMGP4414.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 313
Sorry for the misinformation. I just cut and paste his quote to me. In all fairness he didn't have a price initially and got back to me with a shipped price. I guess he had time to recalculate.

The pre-order button doesn't show up on his site for me. I'll call tomorrow. Hope he is not sold out.

Back
Top Bottom