Quieter Water Pump and Furnace Options?0

bajaphile

Hi guys,

I have a 2005 Hawk with a Suburban DD-17DSI furnace and a Sure-flow 12v water pump. Are there any other more quiet options out there that are relatively easy to swap out with?

The furnace just wakes my wife and I up every time it kicks on through the night. The 12V water pump is annoyingly loud. Everything works fine but just annoying.

Advice on any upgraded units? I'd imagine a new furnace will cost me north of $500, but at least I can start with a new pump, right?

Thanks for any advice.

is your pump rubber mounted? Mine is, and I can still hear it, but it isn't super annoying. Adding a sureflo accumulator helped with very low flow situations... sometimes (like when wetting your toothbrush) the pump doesn't even come on.

I will have to check, I didn't notice when I checked before. Mine is so loud, I can hear it from probably 50 yards away. Aside from flow rate, input/output hose size diameter, and basic dimensions externally, I would imagine there are several options I can choose for the water pump, correct?

As far as furnace goes, are they standardized in since? Are there ones out there which are quite to run (the fan on mine just is so loud).

For pump noise, strategically placed foam padding may help. There are also silencing kits for some pump models. I had a Suburban furnace in my earlier 2005 Hawk and I cannot say for certain if the Suburban furnace in my 2015 Hawk is any quieter. I don't miss the 2005 furnace as frequently it would not ignite if the battery was less than fully charged. The 2015 unit never fails to kick in.

Back
Top Bottom