rally

i was hoping for more push pins....

see...DirtyDog has the info we need...its in the user data base. we need more than 18 insterested parties. a good goal would be ... 30? the more the merrier but to make it really worthwhile.....and to interest Ben & Stan.....we need a bigger group!

we need userid's and locations...thats it...do a statistical swag and call it good.

then we set a date....way out....could be fall of '08. plan for a three day event.

We could get Tomas to bring CEVICHE!!!!!!

Here, belatedly, is Brett's previous post, I believe.

I should have credited you before, Brett. Sorry.

pshaaa! No need to credit anyone. I didn't even mention the road by name. Its a great idea though.

We are currently penciling in the last week in October for a trip. Not quite firm yet, but its down in pencil.

Brett,

I'd rather be a humble man than a gentleman, as would you, evidently.

As long as you are penciling add the phrase, "and possibly Edna & Mark," OK please?

:)

E & M

repairs

Come on, you own either a FWC or ATC and need repairs???? I never heard of such a thing.:p

Great idea though. Now if you can get eveyone to stop ordering campers from us so that we can build some for ourselves, I'll be happy to tag along on a trip.:)

Brett,
after next Tue surgery the Doc says I'll be about 85% in Oct. We love that road and all the great camping along it so We should be there.

Hitrr

Jay and Mark,

Sounds like a plan. Here is what i am pencilling in so far:

We expect to leave Denver on 10/24 (wed) and be ready to embark on the Hole-in-the-Rock-Road (HITRR) sometime on Fri 10/26. I figure maybe two nights putzing around there, exploring and hiking a bit. Then we need to start our way back to Denver unless I can convince the wife to take more time off (sometimes thats hard to do, believe it or not).

I am a map/gps fiend, so I will pick a good, convenient, easy to find place for us to meet before the trail. Mark, if you've never been to the high desert plateau that is southern UT, you are in for a real treat.

Let's hope the weather and Jay's back cooperates. Good luck, Jay.

Of course the invitation is open to all, so chime in if you like.

So Great basin NP ? how can we get this idea advertised to all for feedback?
new thread? new forum?

we need a date in 2008 to allow for planning.

I had attended events like this in the past. Here are a few things that always kept thing fun and simple.

1. limit the number of vehicles. This will keep it manageble
2. writen out daily trips with times and directions.
3. have a pot luck one of the night

I think anywhere in the Death Valley area would be wonderful.
Here is a place I really like. Hot springs and lots of offroading
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercey_Hot_Springs,_California

Jay and Mark,

Sounds like a plan. Here is what i am penciling in so far:

Let's hope the weather and Jay's back cooperates. Good luck, Jay.

Of course the invitation is open to all, so chime in if you like.

:(

Unfortunately my schedule has run amok. It won't be possible this time.

Rally Update

Here is what i am pencilling in so far:

We expect to leave Denver on 10/24 (wed) and be ready to embark on the Hole-in-the-Rock-Road (HITRR) sometime on Fri 10/26. I figure maybe two nights putzing around there, exploring and hiking a bit. Then we need to start our way back to Denver unless I can convince the wife to take more time off (sometimes thats hard to do, believe it or not).

I am a map/gps fiend, so I will pick a good, convenient, easy to find place for us to meet before the trail.

Well, this is next week! Thought I would see if anyone is still interested? It is still too early to check weather, but we'll make it a definate rendevous if anyone wants to join us (otherwise without a schedule, we will just explore the region and go wherever the trail leads as is our normal routine). Anyone?

Back
Top Bottom