Random FWC Photos

2001 Tundra with a 1985 Fleet

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Wander The West mobile app

Attachments

• 1442922314814.jpg
    1442922314814.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 300
Woo, finally get to post here - bought a (new to me) FWC Hawk and spent the first night of ownership in the Mojave.

_DSC7003.jpg

_DSC7023.jpg

Some photos from this spring (I am a little late posting things)

Death Valley near Cottonwood Canyon
gallery_4850_815_10722.jpg

Then the following day near Race Track in Death Valley...
gallery_4850_815_98816.jpg

Tire survived just fine but the rim was shot.
gallery_4850_815_35202.jpg

Overland Hadley said:
Of the truck? Looks like it open.
There is a step ladder on the back of the camper, makes it look like the camper door is open.
Hadley is correct on both counts.

I was more impressed with the ability of my Tundra to skid logs. :eek:
The jeep trail was blocked by the downed tree, but we had a bow saw and took turns sawing until one end was free.
Fortunately I was able to drive adjacent and put a strap on it and tow it out of the way.
I've always been concerned about being trapped by a downed log or rock and it was good practice.

Lighthawk said:
...we had a bow saw and took turns sawing until one end was free.
Fortunately I was able to drive adjacent and put a strap on it and tow it out of the way.
I've always been concerned about being trapped by a downed log or rock and it was good practice.
I just picked this little sweetheart up for just this sort of thing. It fits in one of my under-bed 24" boxes and appears to be a solid performer. Plus Sioux has now entered her "I wanna camp fire" phase.

On edit: Maybe toys like this is why I am over GVW on my Ram 2500! :)

Oh, it looked like the driver side rear door is on backwards to me. Must be just the way I'm seeing it, with the moldings not matching up and the window looks backward to me. Just my eyes I guess.

Not your eyes, I've seen doors that swing opposite to the "standard" left to right opening. Not sure why they build them both ways.

Back
Top Bottom