Rear awning from FWC factory

leadsled9

Contributors
Stan,

On my recent visit to the FWC shop, you mentioned that FWC would be coming out with a rear awning for the Four Wheel Campers. You said it would be something that we could purchase and install ourselves.

How is that project coming along? Any idea when these will be available?

I would be very interested in this as well. That rear awning seems like it would work better for me than the side one. I know there are many threads here to help one design a DIY one, but a reasonably priced factory one would be great.

-mike

I too would be interested in what your planning. I have been toying around with the idea of finding a used one to match the one on the side and cut it down for the rear.

Count me in! A factory awning from FWC would be great.

Count me in! A factory awning from FWC would be great.

I assume FWC orders from a manufacturer and then does the install. If so, and you are in a rush, my awning is made by Carefree Colorado Awnings. They have several different awnings that would most likely work for your needs. Check out the "companion awnings" on their website. I have a ten foot awning on the side of my camper but have also been looking at one for over the door as well.

This may help.

Good Camping,

Paul

I saw this picture of a Fiamma 35 on the rear of a Northstar camper over on the Expedition Portal:
rear_awning1.jpg

He fabbed these brackets:
reaar_awning2.jpg

I'd probably buy one of these as long as it had some type of channel or something along the top to divert water. A velcro attached "corner" piece with a guy wire and 3 piece pole section could make a nice wraparound shade when combined with the side awning.

But I don't want to lose the rain gutter entirely.

FWC Owners

We are working on the rear awning.

With the trade shows in full swing, a few special projects going on, and the move coming soon, they put it on the back burner for a little while.

But we are on version 2 of the rear awning now.

Version 3 should be the final product and ready for sale.

Just give us a few more weeks.

I will keep nudging the boss here to order in the rest of the parts and put one together so we can post pictures.

Thanks !

:)

Stan

Back
Top Bottom