Rear Camper Awning

Stan@FourWheel

Here are a few pictures of the rear camper awning we have been working on.

There have been many customers over the past few months waiting for us to show you the basic look and design of it.

I think this is the first one we have actually built and sold to a customer.

There is one or two small changes we will probably make on the next one we build, but it won't be much different.

Pretty sure we are going to make the next one bigger so it has more coverage over the back area of the camper.

Overall we were happy with the way it turned out.

Simple, light weight, easy to set up, and really stable & secure.

:)

Attachments

• Awning on Rear 1.JPG
    Awning on Rear 1.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 657
  • Awning on Rear 3.JPG
    Awning on Rear 3.JPG
    120.9 KB · Views: 579
  • Awning on Rear 4.JPG
    Awning on Rear 4.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 468
  • Awning on Rear 2.JPG
    Awning on Rear 2.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 430
Sure....you go ahead and release one while I'm out of town for 6 weeks! Ha! The Hawk and I are in the Colorado Rockies.

Looks real nice Stan. I knew you guys would come out with a nice one.

When I'm on extended trips I tow a Wells Cargo enclosed trailer behind the truck. This small one looks like it will clear the trailer fine...I don't know about a larger awning for my personal application.

How about we try to set up an appointment so I can stop by your shop on my way back home....that will save me the milage from home too! Also, since my trailer is currently hooked up we can check for clearance.

Here's a picture of the truck with trailer attached. If the big awning will fit so much the better.

truck with trailer.JPG

Boring!

Looks like this model might stay attached in a thunderstorm, unlike the version I designed for my Eagle. Also it won.t collect water which might be a big mistake in SW Texas.

Looks good Stan!

Maybe if it could come down more to help cover the doorway better? Having it come lower than the top of the door would not be a problem as you step up into the camper. Other than that it looks nice and light, and easy to set up.

I think I this could meet my requirement that I can break camp in two minutes.

When I'm on extended trips I tow a Wells Cargo enclosed trailer behind the truck.

Considering that fits into the shadow of your camper pretty well do you see much difference in driving and mpgs while towing that?

Here are a few pictures of the rear camper awning we have been working on.

There have been many customers over the past few months waiting for us to show you the basic look and design of it.

I think this is the first one we have actually built and sold to a customer.

There is one or two small changes we will probably make on the next one we build, but it won't be much different.

Pretty sure we are going to make the next one bigger so it has more coverage over the back area of the camper.

Overall we were happy with the way it turned out.

Simple, light weight, easy to set up, and really stable & secure.

:)

I'd be interested to know what dimensions "bigger "turns out to be and for a Hawk. Wider? And maybe a weight on the final unit but it looks insignificant so far. Excellent Idea!!!

Fred

Considering that fits into the shadow of your camper pretty well do you see much difference in driving and mpgs while towing that?

It is barely noticable. I can't feel it back there......and it makes less than 1/2 mpg difference.

The material portion of the rear awning can't weight more than 1 or 2 lbs. ??

So I don't think it is adding any weight to the camper roof.

It is easily removable as well.

It will come apart and fit into the small storage bag in just a minute or so.

____________________________________________________________________________________

I like my awning better.It's simpler and doesn't add weight to the roof.Check out "rear awning part duex"

Frank

Stan,

Why not make the awning almost as wide as the camper? Rain almost never falls straight down. ;)

And having an awning that would keep an open door dry in a rain would be good. Also having an area at the back of the camper to take off rain gear and shake off would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom