Rear Cargo Box Suggestions for Tundra and Hawk?

GCS03

Needing just a bit of room for a two 5-gallon fuels cans (Tundra's don't get the best mileage). Does anyone have any information on a narrow designed, rear stinger cargo box that would allow me to still open the door to my Hawk? I was thinking about putting one fuel can on each side of the rear door, maybe use the cargo box as a step. Seems most non-enclosed cargo boxes are fairly wide and have low sides, but they might work. Just not best to hold the cans in place. I did a search for 'cargo box' and 'cargo', but no luck.
Thanks for any suggestions.

The Hitchgate can be setup to hold 2 jerry cans. I find it one of the more useful and utilitarian things I've purchased. I always carry my spare on it, and depending on the trip I can carry a number of other things too. 37354288_10155380563101637_96823934539792384_o.jpg20190627_215634.jpg

I went a different way. I made a rack for my Rotopax cans. I can carry to at a time. The place I use them is a 4 hour drive one way no stores. I drive 2 hours and put in both cans. I can get to where I am going and then get back. I made it so it had a built in step to get into the camper.

jSxbH9t.jpg

4aVcDrz.jpg

K9QhPY7.jpg

Its not cheap, but I got the 46 Gallon Transferflow tank in my 2014 Tundra and can honestly say its the best mod I've done by far.

Even with the horrible MPG and having the camper on, I have a 450 mile range between fills and don't have to mess around with extra cans.

Back
Top Bottom