Rear door curtain location, 2014 Hawk

GCS03

Has anyone moved or added an additional curtain to their FWC rear door? The FWC factory curtain on my 2014 Hawk is only accessible when outer door is open. Curtain is always up or always down. Design does not allow you to slide curtain to the side to see who or what is out back, or to use it when only the screen door is shut. Looking for suggestions. Considering adding one inside the cab that slides to the side. Thanks.

On my Bobcat, I screwed in male snaps to the inside of the screen door, with female snaps on the curtain. No more trips outside at bedtime.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
On my Bobcat, I screwed in male snaps to the inside of the screen door, with female snaps on the curtain. No more trips outside at bedtime.
Steve,
How is the screen door holding up to the pressure of pushing the snaps together? The frame in my 2014 screen door seems a little weak for repeated use.

Paul

Paul, there doesn’t seem to be a problem. I also considered Velcro, so that might be an option for anyone who is concerned about pressure on the frame.

Oh! Good idea! I am not fond of the fact that I have to have the curtain closed when inside, or open the door and screen just to move the curtain.

I put velcro above my read door inside the camper. roll down a curtain to match all the others the wife made. You can see part the wood and velcro in the picture below. The video shows how the curtain works. No need to cover the whole door, just the window.

P1110978.jpg

watch

Back
Top Bottom