Rear view camera thoughts

I tried the wireless version 2 years ago and immediately drilled a hole through the cab of my one week old truck (ouch) so I could string a wire.
But sooner or later the wireless version will work (maybe blue tooth).

I've read that many of the wireless cameras are extremely easy for people so inclined to find and hack in order to gain access to any computers linked to them. There are now some being made that are more secure but it is still a very weak link if you are worried about bad guys getting access to your computer for nefarious activities.

Since I can't see thru our camper with the rear view mirror I've been thinking to replace the mirror with a display and use one of these camera's as my center "rear view mirror". Going down the road solo isn't too big of an issue, but when towing I'd like to be able to see what I'm towing from the center "mirror".

Sorting out the good from the bad by price only goes so far. Not sure where to go to learn more.

The best upgrade i did for my truck and camper was installing the rearview camera. I leave it always on and it is just fantastic peace of mind while driving and backing up. Go for it.

I' m following Sagebrushes suggestion. I've used my free ATT phone upgrade for a Galaxy S3. I hope to use it as hot spot. I'll use an IP camera for a rear view camera with my phone or iPad. It should work where ever I have cell service. More to follow.

Just be aware that AT&T charges a monthly fee to enable a phone to be used as a hotspot , if I recall its like $10 a month!, I beleive this is because they think you will be using lots of bandwidth

Back
Top Bottom