Rear wall steps

telebrewer

Advanced Member
Does anyone have pix of the installation of rear wall steps? It's the first thing I need to do when I get the Grandby home. Along with a rack system.

Thanks Mark W. Ingalls for the reply on rear fill in pieces. I'll get pix when I do it. I to am very busy...

Dear dezul--

The steps are through-bolted. The frames may have changed from model to model, so I wouldn't advise you to go by blind measurements. Instead, I would use a stud finder to locate the frame members and then try a small pilot hole from the inside to make sure I had it. Finally, I would go through to the outside with the pilot hole and then drill in from both sides with my clearance bit.

Maybe somebody who's actually done it will chime in... Fellows?

Do a search for a thread called "Folding Steps". The topic has been covered quite well and there's even pictures for ya.

I put steps in recently, all in all it was quite easy. I got exact drilling measurements for my Hawk from Chicali at FWC. After having done it, it's obvious a stud finder will work fine, just make sure you drill into the center of the member for the most strength. If you have a fridge or furnace you may have issues on the drivers side. I had to remove my ice box to put mine in.

Back
Top Bottom