Recomend a cheap charge controller.

Squatch

Just got back from a gathering of my Isuzu group. Someone had arranged a group buy of used medical vehicle refrigerators. Similar to my Truckfridge but without any bells an whistles. I believe they were from a drug distributor. Anyway several folks bought them and now have an interest in part time solar with a folding homemade suitcase panel after seeing my setup.

These will be for partime use on pop up trailer ect. So they don't need something like my Bogart stuff.

Just looking for a decent sub $100 controller to build a couple of portable suitcases.

Does anyone have any recommendations of one you have used and are happy with?

Not interested in ready made suitcase systems.

Squatch said:
Just got back from a gathering of my Isuzu group. Someone had arranged a group buy of used medical vehicle refrigerators. Similar to my Truckfridge but without any bells an whistles. I believe they were from a drug distributor. Anyway several folks bought them and now have an interest in part time solar with a folding homemade suitcase panel after seeing my setup.

These will be for partime use on pop up trailer ect. So they don't need something like my Bogart stuff.

Just looking for a decent sub $100 controller to build a couple of portable suitcases.

Does anyone have any recommendations of one you have used and are happy with?

Not interested in ready made suitcase systems.
Go to the Renolgy solar company site.
They have a big selection of panels and controllers at good prices.
Frank

You didn't specify the size of the system, my system is only 60w so I use a Morningstar Sunsaver . Quite pleased with its performance, very simple install. About $50-$60

Beach said:
You didn't specify the size of the system, my system is only 60w so I use a Morningstar Sunsaver . Quite pleased with its performance, very simple install. About $50-$60
Small under 200 watts for sure. We plugged one of these fridges into an outlet in my camper. The Trimetric only showed about 2 amp draw with a warm fridge.

I have used both the Morningstar Sun Saver 10 (~$50) and the Victron MPPT 75/15 (or 75/10, ~$80). Both worked well, the Victron is a tad nicer as it is MPPT and is entirely programmable if you change battery chemistry in the future.

Back
Top Bottom