Red Necks & Speckle Trout Spring Break

Southern Gent

Advanced Member
Saturday Morning at 4:00AM I'm off to Leeville LA. with my Son-in-Law and 9 years old Grandson. I'm taking them Speckle Trout and Red Fishing in South Louisiana for the first time. We will be using both my Granby and my Cousin's Travel Trailer Fishing camp.

It was Ft. Lauderdale " Ft. Liquordale " when I was in school for Spring Break.

That Maturity stuff must have set in. I am looking forward to a nice Fish stretching my Grandson's line.

Maybe a quick swing through New Orleans for a Poboy.

Enjoy the trip! Sounds peaceful.

I haven't fished in years, but keep thinking I'll try again. One of the children expressed interest...

Enjoy the trip! Sounds peaceful.

I haven't fished in years, but keep thinking I'll try again. One of the children expressed interest...

No point in starting now, we got em' all.

No point in starting now, we got em' all.

I've heard that. As a kid, 25 years ago, I was fishing rivers in AK. I hear it ain't what it was.

And the water in AZ isn't the same.

Scott

If you're kids show any interest at all in fishing, by all means take them, I think it's the kind of thing kids should do more of. I've taught a few how to fish in my life. It's a great activity to share with kids. The key is to find some place where they can catch a fish, the expression on a kids face when they catch their first fish is priceless. My dad taught me to fish when I was very young, that led me into a life of fishing for a living, something I wouldn't reccomend now, but you will have a lot of fun fishing with kids, take them.

Fishing is a Destination more than an Activity

Fishing is a state of Mind as much as an activity. Fishing at over 65 years old is very different but still the same. I'll take to day and load my Granby and 14 ft McKee Craft with stuff. We will drive 8 hours, fish for a couple days and return with another 8 hour trip.

The joy is the journey, The Grace of the moment when you loose that fish at the boat and another is landed. I'm excited at this moment as I was years ago when I grabbed my fly rod and a couple popping bugs and walked 5 blocks to one of my neighbor's 1 acre pond to Bream fish.

Fishermen are a hopeful lot.

Peace and Grace,

The key is to find some place where they can catch a fish

Successful early trips are key. I've probably been fishing about 20 times in AZ in the past 20 years and only had 2 successful trips.

But I do follow the Gent's philosophy of enjoying the trip. I just don't cast my lines so much anymore...

I have a $50 credit at Sportsman's Warehouse, guess I'lll buy some new line, hooks, and a couple spinners.

you better spend your credit from sportsman warehouse as i read yesterday in the Idaho statesman paper that they are in the process of closing 22 stores so be aware!
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les,Lqhikers:confused:

aw crap! I hope not, they are one of the few outdoor stores near me!

Back
Top Bottom