Reenacting Magellan's Fateful Voyage

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
WTW is shooting a feature film on the exploits of our members. Here's a photo of our scene with Ted in the Black Rock Desert:

gallery_2129_189_579241.jpg

biggrin.gif
(Thanks to Sotter for thie pic!)

WTW is shooting a feature film on the exploits of our members. Here's a photo of our scene with Ted in the Black Rock Desert:

gallery_2129_189_579241.jpg

biggrin.gif
(Thanks to Sotter for thie pic!)

Don't every forget to have fun like this.

Just remember to check all the diffs, wheel bearings etc. Mud is hard on our vehicles.

Sorry to rain on the parade :)

Now that I have stopped laughing, I have to give some advice to your special effects person. The mud and splashing was actually deeper than that pic shows.

Craig, thanks for the info. All have been serviced.

Mike, I wouldn't tell my wife about that trip except for one thing - she was with me. And if you think DD rubs it in and can't let it go...

And to prove I'm a slow learner, just returned hours ago from a weekend jaunt through the Sierras in the snow.

Ted you went anyway?????

Washoe Valley was rain most of the day and snow later. Was driving back home from Reno late and it was 33 degrees through the valley.

Waited and you did not call, so....How was the weekend adventure????????

Hi Patrick.

Sorry about that. We were enroute when I realized I'd forgotten to bring your phone number. The weather wasn't too bad. We weren't able to have a campfire Saturday evening, but Sunday morning was nice. The cloud cover lifted somewhat and the area was pretty with the fresh blanket of snow. We would like to return to the area. I'll be sure to let you know when. We still want to see your photos and hear about the Antarctic trip.

Here are a couple of shots from Sunday morning.

gallery_176_163_41494.jpg

gallery_176_163_63146.jpg

A mile away and we missed you. Oh well. Glad it worked out for you and did not end up like the Donner Party heading over the pass. I'm sure more days are comming.

Back
Top Bottom