Refridgerator vent screening

jcfly

A friend of mine just had to rid his camper of some type of insect infestation by his fridge vent/controls area. Does anyone know of a reason why some aluminum screening couldn't be put behind the louvers to prevent this from Happening??

Should be fine, just make sure its aluminum like you mentioned and not the vinyl stuff.

Vent Screening

I was just thinking of putting some screening behind the vents. Seems like too much dirt is going to get in there. I just had the fridge installed. Now Im wondering if both the top and bottom vent are necessary cause getting something into the back of the top vent is going to be tricky.

Both vents are critical to the fridge function, however you can easily remove the top vent to add screening. I had the top vent cover off twice while doing some reworking of the fridge compartment.

I was just thinking of putting some screening behind the vents. Seems like too much dirt is going to get in there. I just had the fridge installed. Now Im wondering if both the top and bottom vent are necessary cause getting something into the back of the top vent is going to be tricky.

Top vent is where the exhaust and heat transfer fins are, you definately wouldn't want to close that off and use the fridge in my mind.

I was thinking the same for my new camper. I was going to buy a house air filter at home depot, cut it down to size and possibly hot glue it in, I thought it could definitely breath but was skeptical on the heat being able to escape...any thoughts????

One trip to Baja and the whole refrigerator area would be CAKED with dust.

I was thinking the same for my new camper. I was going to buy a house air filter at home depot, cut it down to size and possibly hot glue it in, I thought it could definitely breath but was skeptical on the heat being able to escape...any thoughts????

One trip to Baja and the whole refrigerator area would be CAKED with dust.

Somehow that idea just doesn't sound good. Maybe you'd consider making a cover for the vents while on the road, and not using the fridge??

Somehow that idea just doesn't sound good. Maybe you'd consider making a cover for the vents while on the road, and not using the fridge??

That would probably be the best solution...thanks!

One way to keep insects out of the frig area is to place a pet flea coller in there. I read about this on another forum and the folks there said it works. Of course keep it away from any thing that gets hot.

Cheers,

Mike

Back
Top Bottom