Refrigerator Modes

dorocks

I sent an email to Stan on this one but thought why not ask everyone else as well.

I was testing the refrigerator modes while plugged in at the house and noted I could put it in gas or 12 volt mode but not 120 volt mode. Are the units wired to just charge the battery with the 120 volt and not use 120v directly?

I have solar and an auxiliary battery.

Unit 6154HC

2009 Hawk with 3 way refrigerator.

Thanks

Keith Barnes
La Mesa CA

It should be working. I often plug in at the house the night before leaving on a trip for the sole purpose of turning the fridge on with AC and chilling it down before switching to DC or gas in the morning.

the 120v should be running a heater, just as the 12v runs a heater, that substitute for that little flame.

Does the knob not physically turn or something? What is keeping you from putting it in the 120V?

Hey Keith

thanks for the e-mail (I got it).

Figured I would post the reply on the forums so to maybe help others down the road that might have the same question.

You bought the camper used, right ?

The refrigerator in your camper is the larger Refer/Freezer made by Dometic, right ?

We have a manual on-line here for that ...

http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Trouble Shooting:

Step 1. On the front of your cabinets you have a black rectangular box (middle / lower front of cabinet).

This is the IOTA load center.

Gently pry the larger black plastic cover off (on the left side of the box) and make sure all of your circut breakers are turned on. Go ahead and reset (swith each one off, and then back on again) just in case.

Put the cover back on.

Step 2: Make sure the camper is pluged in to shore power somewhere.

Example: plug the camper in to your garage house power.

After you have the camper plugged in to 110/120v power, take a look at the house outlet (110/120v receptical) on the front of the kitchen cabinets inside the camper.

You should see a little green light "lit up".

This will tell you that you "DO" have power coming in to the camper and to the 110/120v camper outlets.

Step 3: Gently remove the small cabinet drawer about the furnace (front / left / upper part of cabinets).

Look in the back of that to make sure the refriferator is actually pluged in to the outlet in the back of the cabinets.

Just let me know if you have any other questions after trying the above?

I would be glad to help.

Thanks

stan the man

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent an email to Stan on this one but thought why not ask everyone else as well.

I was testing the refrigerator modes while plugged in at the house and noted I could put it in gas or 12 volt mode but not 120 volt mode. Are the units wired to just charge the battery with the 120 volt and not use 120v directly?

I have solar and an auxiliary battery.

Unit 6154HC

2009 Hawk with 3 way refrigerator.

Thanks

Keith Barnes
La Mesa CA

Attachments

• Circut Breakers in Cabinets.JPG
    Circut Breakers in Cabinets.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Refrigerator Plug in Cabinets.JPG
    Refrigerator Plug in Cabinets.JPG