Refrigerator Swap Question.

BobD

I recently purchased a 2012 Granby and I'm getting ready to swap out the original 3 way (Dometic RM2354) with a Nova Kool R3000. Any tips on getting the original out, it doesn't look like it will clear the door frame. I'm beginning to think FWC builds the camper around the refrigerator... I tried searching but nothing specific came up, thanks!

Thanks, ended up having to remove the mounting flange in order to clear the door frame. It was an interesting fight between that and the 5 lbs of RTV I had to cut through but in the end it lost the war.

I'm praying I don't have to remove the top and lower the Nova Kool in...

On another note has anyone added any filter material (washable) to the upper and lower vents while doing this swap?

I think I had to remove the rear door to get the 3 way out when I put in the Truckfridge.
I used NaturalAire cut to fit filter material on the vents to keep the bugs out.

camelracer said:
I think I had to remove the rear door to get the 3 way out when I put in the Truckfridge.
I used NaturalAire cut to fit filter material on the vents to keep the bugs out.
I was considering that but really wanted to avoid removing the door, I'm seriously considering it for the reinstall when the new one shows up. Lots of head scratching going on with not a lot of hair to scratch...

Back
Top Bottom