Refrigerator Vent Locations and Aluminum Framing on Hawk

Bwht4x4

I'm about halfway through with my refrig install (3.0 cu ft, 2-way) and I am now in the process of trying to determine where, how and if FWC pre-configures the side of the camper for the refrig vents. Looking at an older pict on the FWC website (http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/index.php/four-wheel-campers/concept-and-general-features/) it looks like they weld the aluminum frame to have three horizontal rectangle bays behind the siding. I'm guessing that these are for the variety of refrigerators and their respective venting requirements. I assume that the bottom bay and the upper bay is used on the larger 3-way refrigerators, whereas the middle bay alone is used for venting a smaller 3.0 cu ft (80 liter) 2- way refrig.

Can someone with a 3.0 cu ft (80 liter) refrigerator from the factory comment on where the single exterior vent is installed on their camper? Is the vent located in the middle bay? Picts would be great too.

I need to cut a vent out and the lower bay is too low and the upper bay extends into the storage area above the refrigerator. The only thing I can figure out is that FWC uses the middle bay for venting the mid-size refrigerators.

Thanks

When I upgraded from the ice box to a 2way I decided I needed a vent. I stopped by ATC to purchase one and wound up having them cut the hole for me and install the vent (so much faster than I could have done it and no wondering if I'm really cutting in the right place) and this is where they put it.

Not sure if this helps but here is mine. Its a 2014 Hawk with front dinette and has an 80 liter 2 way fridge. Fridge vent is above "Hawk". The lower panel has access to the bottom of the fridge but the condenser and vent higher.
*This is on the pass side.

I went to MBHS from 89-92
img_96375_1_f44101bb4b7c8ae712159fcf4f986455.jpg

Thanks guys for the info. I didn't get anything done today on the camper. We went salmon fishing and I'm so tired I feel like a zombie right now. Early bedtime!!

I'm going to call FWC tomorrow to see if I can get some idea on where the vent bays are located. I actually may wait until I actually head up there and have them do it. I'm just anxious to have it done so I can install my new refrig.

JCatt, I moved up here in '95 for college, but have been here ever since. It's an awesome area and no doubt it's considered one of the top places to live. However, I'm ready to move to a more mountainous and snowy area for a change!

Back
Top Bottom