Removing copper pipe below 3 way fridge

muttmaster

Hi all, I am trying to remove the section of copper pipe coming out of the tank storage compartment so I can put in a tee for my new Wave 3 heater. I am having a bit of problem and need help. Initially, I thought it was a easy job to loosen the female flared ends of the copper pipe below the 3 way fridge, but no...first of all, those female flared ends seems to be torqued 200 lbs! The soft copper pipes started to tweak and the it is not coming loose. So I thought I better get better access and tried to remove the paneling below the fridge but the corner metal protective plated can not be removed. They are secured from behind the paneling I assume.
I can access the upper pipes by either removing the furnace or stove to tap the tee there, but not sure that is feasible. No wonder 4WC upgraded to newer flexible hoses and manifold system in newer models.
These soft copper pipes may not be meant to be modified. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

If it's any help, I accessed the gas system under the stove cooktop where there's a "cross" aka 4-way fitting. If I recall, the fridge had one link, the stove had another, and the tank input took the third position. The fourth port was capped with an acorn nut (or whatever plumbers call it).

We mounted our Wave 3 under the factory "blower furnace". 95% of the time, the Wave is the perfect cozy, quiet heat.
Once in a while, we want to blast ourselves / clothing with dry, hot air and the factory unit does the job.

Thanks for the tips and pic LightHawk. My stove is different from yours. Copper pipe is underneath the stove and with limited access to pipe end. I don’t have any 4 ways tee. All threes ways tee and all are used.
I called 4WC and Amazingly, Stan called me back promptly with suggestions. I will have to experiment a bit to see where is the ideal tap point will be, or just go with longer hose with regulator to outside tank via turnbuckle hole.
The outside access panel to fridge offers the most accessible copper pipe to cut and flare and put in new tee, but I don’t want to ruin anything, so was hoping someone with same model and year, 2016 Grandby with side dinette and water heater, furnace had already done this can give some advise. Could take it to propane dealer and pay them $90 to tap in a tee for me, but I am too cheap and like to do it myself.

Found a solution...took out the drawer below the stove, loosened the copper pipe flared female nut going into the stove and took out the flared 1/2 to 3/8 reducing male fitting out of stove and will be installing a sae 45 flared tee male reducer 7/16 x 3/8 x 3/8 in place if I can find one. Got a 5 foot propane hose to route thru below to attach a quick release fitting to Wave 3. No delicate copper were tweaked.

Why 4WC couldn’t tell me this, I don’t know.
Hope this can save someone else the trouble of ordering fittings and hose they wont need.

Update: OMG. No one makes a 7/16 to 3/8 flared tee. Back to drawing board...will have to go with...
Camco 57633 3/8 flared elbow to flared female union to 3/8 tee. The incoming cooper pipe will need to be offset a bit, but hope this setup will work.
Interesting that 4WC has manuals for all appliances except the flush mount stove. Not downloadable at Dometic site at this time.

Back
Top Bottom