Removing drag link ends what a bear!

EdoHart

Grasshopper
I've got both of the tie rod end link off my 10 year old, 130K mile Dodge which has been outside for the last 7 years. The drag link end at the pitman arm is being a real bear because I can't penetrating oil into it. I'll get it eventually, but I needed a break and to vent a little.

I feel better already (though that might be because of the beer I'm enjoying right now).

Extension for the pickle fork handle

I slipped a piece of iron pipe over the handle for the pickle fork so that I had room to swing the hammer. It still gave some problems, and the pipe is pretty beat up, but it's off!

Just so you aren't drinking alone... I'll make the sacrifice and have one in your honor as well...

Now it's time.

Initial measurements taken and transferred to new components, which are now loosely installed. The last time I aligned the front end, I spent a day with a plumb bob, level, tape measure, marks on the garage floor, and some basic high school trigonometry to get it within specification, but not perfect and saved a wopping $30. Because I need new tires, too, I think I'll let the tire/alignment shop take care of the details this time, as long as I get it close enough to drive to the shop.

That means a lot.

Just so you aren't drinking alone... I'll make the sacrifice and have one in your honor as well...

I appreciate that. When you need an i-drinking buddy, let me know and I'll be glad to reciprocate. :)

Back
Top Bottom