Retired!

Spitfire

My last day at work was yesterday after 32+ years at Boeing. Looking forward to being able to use my camper more often now. Just weird thinking about it.

Welcome aboard for a new adventure. Glad you could join us! Enjoy your days as they get more precious as one gets older....

Whoo Hoo! I still got a few years left, but it gets harder every day. Working at getting things lined up to retire a year earlier than I had originally planned. See how it goes. Enjoy your time!

I bought my camper 4 years ago so I'd be ready for this day. I just added 2 new solar panels to replace my dead bendable panels so I'm ready to go. Got some longer trips planned already. Looking to do a big trip in the fall but don't know where yet.

Yep-those first days of not having to get up an go to work are something-cure, take that first month off, and go somewhere and learn to do nothing, or something, or not worry about it, just enjoy :love: !

Smoke

I'm getting close to 5 years of retirement and haven't looked back. You will love your camping adventures but make sure you have something to do on a daily basis. In my case, I ride my bike 20-30 miles every day, weather permitting.

Congratulations ! I retired nine years ago, I can no longer remember many aspects of my job or what it is like to get up to go to work anymore. One word of advice, get out and do the things you like as soon and as often as possible while you and your family have good health.

Lee

Congratulations!! I retired 5 years ago and spent the first year getting my 5 acres to where I always wanted it but didn't have the time. I slowly wound my work hours down from 6-7 hours to 2-3 hours depending on the nature of the project. It was great not having to get things done in a weekend and I had to keep telling myself that I don't have to do anything if I didn't feel like it. It was like learning a new job with a completely blank slate. Wishing you many happy adventures!!

Congratulations and enjoy. Power Wagon's advice about getting out while you and your family have your health is REAL important.

Thanks everybody for the well wishes. I'm starting to get into the groove of not having to get up and go to work. Went on a short trip with the camper earlier this week and it was great not having to worry about hurrying back to work.

I've been retired 3 years, I feel like I am just getting to understand it. I try to do the things that must get done (pay bills, shop, change the oil in the truck, etc.) first then when I want to do something I have time and can do it.

Yes, do something regular, schedule some things then enjoy the other time. I volunteer a couple of days a month, I help my kids do things that are hard when you are employed, and then I do what I want to do.

Best wishes to all our retired members and everyone else. I hope you can enjoy retirement of your own.

Bill

Congrats! Planning on retiring sometime between Oct and the end of the year. Hopefully see ya all on the road.

Congratulations!.

I retired March 17th. In my first 60 days I spent 25 on the road with my camper over numerous trips. Lets see if you can keep up!

Congratulations indeed!
I thought I was back in march, made it to the California border, getting gas in Weed, and renter called and said moving out after four years!
Turned around, and now after 6 weeks, finally finished getting it in shape with new renter installed.
Some 10000 of us a day are retiring, hard to imagine

Back
Top Bottom