Riff Raff in the Yard

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
iPad image though the glass
gallery_4841_711_404725.jpeg

I think the fires are having a far reaching effect. I was in Susanville the morning of Friday the 10th and there were deer roaming everywhere in town. One poor 2 pt even had someone's laundry line wrapped up in his antlers. It was amusing and pitiful at the same time. Of course, he was gone by the time I got my hand on the camera.

Bottle Creek Ranch Road NEN of Lovelock, NV 11:37AM 21/09/17:

i-284fqkS-M.jpg

West of Prineville is Powell Butte unless down in the Crooked River Valley. Drove thru all of that area on the 11th reminiscing on my childhood.

In-laws lived in Powell Butte (Brasada) prior to Prineville, great area. I could live there but it’s too cold in the winter for my wife. Bend close by for your cultural fix, Bachelor for winter fun.

Ram,
When I lived in Powell Butte Brasada didn't exist. It was Shumway Ranch, the largest ranch in the area. Jim Shumway told of when he was a boy being sent out on a big, roughly circular cattle drive that lasted all summer and never left land they either owned or leased from the gov't.

They’re back, taken a few minutes ago… of the four deer, three have ear deformities. I wonder if it’s genetic…

Apologies for the glass glare.

60BE01B6-8F30-423E-B125-877022CFE1C5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom