RIP Ross Ellis

generubin

Electric Baja
Ross Ellis, who I first met about 25 years ago in Saline Valley was, well, a very nice fellow. For those of you who do not know him, Ross was married to Candy for about 30 or 35 years. They met as he was a college professor, she a student. My early memories were of barely waking up in the morning to see Candy jogging from the Lower Springs to the Upper Upper Springs. About 6 miles round trip, she did this everyday. Ross and Candy were deeply in love, it was clear to anyone who spent even 5 minutes with the couple that they were bonded as one.

Candy and Ross lived in Bellingham, WA. Ross and Candy spent a full month every year at Saline, I think it was around September or October every year. They had just bought a new Sportsmobile around 5 years ago.

Ross and Candy were meticulous about leaving their camp clean when they left. I remember one time arriving at the Springs and setting up camp in a space that was so spotless and nicely raked. I asked Lee, "Was Ross and Candy in this camp recently, nobody else would have left it so perfect?". Lee's response was "Yep" and a smile.

My condolences to you Candy, and all the great friends Ross left behind. Candy, I think you have my number, so remember anytime you are in Ventura, you have a place to stay.

Gene Rubin

Attachments

• DSC_7726.jpg
    DSC_7726.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 197
Back
Top Bottom