River fire flyover by

craig333

Riley's Human
Blancoliro flying the Husky over the River fire. Different perspective than we get from the media.

Thanks for posting Craig- great video. We're just west of Dog Bar Rd and Taylor Crossing and can see the fire retardant line from our deck. My wife's childhood home ( now Montoliva Vineyard) is right next to the Chicago Park elementary school and she can see that her home survived. Interesting to see the path and scope of the fire.

wow. very interesting. i just learned a bit about retardant..
my daughter and family were on the columbia a few weeks ago and they got to watch the planes come down and scoop water into their bellies, and fly off to dump on a local fire. pretty amazing flying, and machines.

Good commentary by our Juan Browne, one of Nevada County's gems.
He's family with a good friend, and we've camped togeher.

This fire was close to home, and one of my remodel projects was evacuated last Wednesday. The fire was less than a mile away, exploding from 20 acres to 2600 acres. Between the fire, and quarantined subcontractors and employee, it's been quite a circus.

We're just thankful the fire is contained, and smoke has abated. The bad news is a good friend lost his home off Taylorsville Rd.

Back
Top Bottom