Road to Hobart Reservoir (Ash Canyon) closed for 2017 - Carson City area

Most likely. We had reports of intensive damage to a couple of roads and have been expecting more discoveries as summer opens up the higher areas.

We did end the drought, though, so we'll take the good with the bad. :)

I really hate to say this ,but when things like the road damage are found and places are closed for extended time
they don't ever get reopened.
Saw it happen here in my area.
Arryo Seco gorge road has been permanently closed to vehicle traffic for almost 20 years.
After a really bad winter slides across the road were not removed and a locked gate was placed just above Government Camp.
IMO another way to keep people from our national lands!
Frank

I also shudder every time a road is "temporarily" closed. In my area a forestry/blm road has been closed "due to fire damage and for habitat rehabilitation" since 2007. When I went to the local forest service office to ask (in about 2011) I was told the road was also washed out due to flooding after the fire and would take time to reopen.

The look on their face was priceless when I told them I work the oilfields near there and had driven the "fire damaged, flooded washed out road, sensitive habitat" road many times while at work. The response I got was "Oh. The road should be reopen to the public soon." Again, that conversation was about 6 years ago. Road is still closed. It was drivable the year of the fire, 2007, and 2008 flood damage was repaired within three months.

Should I be surprised that the government would lie? They used my tax dollars to fix my public road that gives me access to my public lands and then lock me out with a lock my taxes paid for...

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
I really hate to say this ,but when things like the road damage are found and places are closed for extended time
they don't ever get reopened.
This is my biggest fear. It did get a fair amount of use so hoping there will be enough grass roots pressure to get it repaired.

Back
Top Bottom