Roadmaster Active Suspension?

Shadyapex

Does anybody have any experience with Roadmaster "Active Suspension"?
I've got a 2014 Tacoma with an Eagle which comes on and off the truck regularly.

I put a set on my Ford Ranger, with a FWC Eagle shell, adjusted them to the max, kept them on for about 6 months, they are now hanging in my shed. I went with a custom spring pack from Alcan Spring Co. in Grand Junction, CO. But my Eagle never comes off the truck.

larryqp said:
I put a set on my Ford Ranger, with a FWC Eagle shell, adjusted them to the max, kept them on for about 6 months, they are now hanging in my shed. I went with a custom spring pack from Alcan Spring Co. in Grand Junction, CO. But my Eagle never comes off the truck.
What didn’t you like about them? Were they just not enough support?

I have a 2010 Tacoma custom spring pack with Roadmasters. I think it's the perfect setup for my Eagle camper. Helps with sway off road and never have to worry about blown out air bags.

20180709_201156.jpg

knoxswift said:
I have a 2010 Tacoma custom spring pack with Roadmasters. I think it's the perfect setup for my Eagle camper. Helps with sway off road and never have to worry about blown out air bags.

attachicon.gif
20180709_201156.jpg
Is the Eagle on the truck all the time? If not, how does it ride unloaded?

knoxswift said:

attachicon.gif
20180709_201156.jpg
My inclination would be to think it's the custom spring pack doing the job and not the Roadmasters. No one I know who has tried them thought they were worth the money.

JHanson said:
My inclination would be to think it's the custom spring pack doing the job and not the Roadmasters. No one I know who has tried them thought they were worth the money.
Sorry for delay in reply...

So, Yes to FWC Eagle is installed full time.

And yes I setup my springs to carry "most" of the weight...

However, on occasion I've needed to remove and the drive around... With my custom springs it's a bit on the stiff side but the roadmasters for anti-sway and axle wrap are great, It's like driving a sports car around the mountain roads I live when I have the camper unloaded, terrific traction.

The roadmasters are for anti-sway mostly and they do a GREAT job at that. They handle off road rock crawling terrific with the camper installed. This is what usually blows out a bag the heavy twisting when bouncing around off road over boulders. I've also done some high speed baja type driving and I think they help with the bounce you get there as well from whoops going fast. I don't do this type of off road as much as slow rock crawl.

Roadmasters probably add some weight carrying as well, They claim 20% or 40% depending on setting. Probably not like a Super Spring or Helwig spring or sumo springs. I didn't want to go with Sumo Springs or Super Springs because I wanted to go with hydraulic Bump Stops and they would get in the way. Helwig has some options but I went custom pack instead. (Look up helwig 1906s for an option).

So full rear suspension I have for extreme off road and full time install:
Custom Springs 8 Leaf, NO overload progressive pack. Results in about 4in lift (Level truck with installed FWC, 1" Rake to front when FWC is not installed)
Roadmasters set to 40%
ICON Extended shocks
ICON Hydraulic bump stops
Detroit Tru Trac LS 4.30 gears

Back
Top Bottom