Roadmaster Active Suspension

100acrehuphalump

In a pool of clear crystalline water. Appalachia
You guys ever hear of this product? It claims to cover all aspects of suspension upgrade and any issues involved.
They claim to reducing vehicle sway
Reduces dangerous roll in cornering
Axel wrap and wheel hop
Eliminates bottoming out
Improves hard braking, and acceleration
"" stability in cross winds
"" towing and load carrying capability
"" driver control and driver control with a load
Minimizes headlight dazzle. Whatever that means
Prevents a harder stiffer ride.
I'm interested and the place that fixes my tractor tires swears by them, and claim to use them in all of their service trucks. They say to use these instead of airbags. I'm about to buy a FWC Hawk for a F150 half ton, but not too sure the best way to go is because I'm a noobie in all of this suspension stuff sooooo any thoughts? No I'm not affiliated with either the tire place or the Roadmaster.

http://www.activesuspension.com

We have 17 sets of these in the back warehouse collecting dust.

I cant give them away.

We will not install them on any of our customers trucks.

That might answer your question.

Not a bad product but not up to the task of really helping much when it comes to carrying the extra weight of a truck camper.

Just my opinion

Stan@FourWheel said:
We have 17 sets of these in the back warehouse collecting dust.
I cant give them away.
We will not install them on any of our customers trucks.
That might answer your question.
Not a bad product but not up to the task of really helping much when it comes to carrying the extra weight of a truck camper.
Just my opinion
Thank you Stan, could I possibly ask why? Is there something wrong with their product? When I watched their video and after it was finished the screen filled up with other YouTube videos to watch and there was Tom doing his Aluminess video. It seemed like they were connected to y'all in some way. What is the ideal combination for a suspension upgrade when installing a FWC Hawk on a half ton pickup?

Looks like they might help with axle wrap or traction off the line, but as to helping with extra payload ?? I have super springs that do the job for me, but I will add that after using air and now helper springs, I believe the best set up is new spring packs built to spec rather than add on stuff.

We have had several good discussions (threads) here on rear suspensions over the years. I have a 99F-150/Grandby 1/2 ton and after trying air bags, and Helwig super springs with no improvement, bad rides and lots of problems, , I asked my local ford dealer and they suggested I go to a specialty shop(a local blacksmith shop) that specialized in upgrading 1/2 ton rear suspensions into 3/4 ton ones: it was the best $500.00 I ever spent. I have no more blown air bags, no reverse dump, a good ride and I'm happy---a so is my old Ford.

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
We have had several good discussions (threads) here on rear suspensions over the years. I have a 99F-150/Grandby 1/2 ton and after trying air bags, and Helwig super springs with no improvement, bad rides and lots of problems, , I asked my local ford dealer and they suggested I go to a specialty shop(a local blacksmith shop) that specialized in upgrading 1/2 ton rear suspensions into 3/4 ton ones: it was the best $500.00 I ever spent. I have no more blown air bags, no reverse dump, a good ride and I'm happy---a so is my old Ford.

Smoke
I'd like to find someone around here that could do that for me...

I'm actually going with firestone ride rites, E rated Load tires, Bilstein shocks, and whatever else I can to aid the hauling capacity of the truck. Buying a 3/4 ton just isn't an option right now. In order to compensate for some extra weight I'll more than likely pull my re-modified M416 expedition trailer. That way I reduce the burden on my trucks GVWR limit.

KILR0Y said:
If we're just talking springs and shackles, etc. then it won't upgrade the bearings, seals, rear-end gears, brakes, and axles. Personally I wouldn't call this a 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton upgrade. No disrespect and I hope I didn't misread the post.
Sent from my SM-G900P using Wander The West mobile app
I wish there was an easier way to upgrade all the items you mentioned. Short of purchasing a new vehicle.

Depending on the age of the truck in question it is possible to build one. My grandfather got from the knuckles-out up front and the whole rear axle out of an F-250 and put them under his F-100. That gave him the 3/4t brakes and rear axle weight capacity w/o the stiffer riding 3/4t springs (pulled a 27' Airstream with the truck). Wish that I had that truck....

Back
Top Bottom