Roamin Chariot stolen 30 days ago Western Wa state.

DanO

Hello, if you see this Roamin Chariot for sale it is stolen. I realize that all Roamin Chariots look alike. But if you see one very like this it may be stolen. It has some unique features inside it that I would know.

I put on a photo but did not take, Wil try again tonight.

Dan

Here it is, It has a small sink ran by electric pump, a older style icebox, a single connection 12 volt outlet, it had a camp stove, not built in. I put on two eyebolts to connect to the rear of camper to back of truck. It had a awning that went down the driver's side when stored. In good condition except for some rotten wood on the bottom at the back. It has extra latch on the back door that is unique. It had TWO electrical connectors that connected to the truck battery. I have no clue were it is, it may be in the woods someplace or sold or will be sold.

Thanks for looking, it may turn up someplace. It is very possible that it's features will be changed

Dan

Attachments

• Roamin Chariot camper 2.jpg
    Roamin Chariot camper 2.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 755
As I understand it theft is a low priority crime in Wa state, so thieves are not pursued or punished that vigorously. That with a poor economy / drugs and poor up bringing, all this has driving up the crime rate pretty high even in rural areas, you wouldn't believe the number of people living in the woods out in the country side these days. There is a pull off spot in the woods about a quarter mile away from my house that people over and over again squat in and litterly pile up trash while trying to live in a car or tent. Just recently the cops ran some guy off from the spot with a new pile of trash left behind The homeless numbers living in tents just exploded in Seattle in the last few years.

Get insurance for the dwelling, home owners or renters, It covers theft. Take photos of all your stuff.

Get comprehensive insurance for your cars, it covers theft and does not cost that much more than liability.

A lot of people are getting security cameras.

Realize that so much stuff is stolen all that time, that the cops really can't do that much and won't for most cases. That in some areas it is a so low priority that not much be done to thieves even if caught.

The thieves that stole my truck and camper were actually caught with multiple stolen cars parked around their dumpy RV but still were out on the street the next day. My camper was not there and the cops couldn't find it or get the thieves to volunteer where it is. I am told unless the thieves are actually caught driving a stolen car it is hard to prove it was stolen by them as they can claim that someone else stole it or left it there etc. It is the way the system is set up, the fact is stealing seems to be very low priority--when it happens to us commoners'.

There is a explosion of theft from mail boxes in our area, in town people are taking stuff delivered to doorsteps, it is rampant, hence many people getting home security cameras. I just got a locking mailbox, the thieves will look in a regular mailbox many times and only take things they think is of value so you may never know it until something noticeable is stolen.

It seams that a large bulk of the new homeless and thieves are moving to the north from the south. And the bulk of the homeless are poor whites that I see.

The USA is making a fairly strong quick shift toward third world conditions to my mind.

So, I now have wheel "boots" (can find on amazon) on my two trucks at home that I will also use when out camping, when away from the truck and camper. I made better ways to lock my garage and have insurance for everything, and thinking of getting a few hidden security cameras at the house.

I have been in third world countries and there they would have every house like a mini fort. Which is a high fence around the yard and a junk yard like dog inside, I don't want to go that far, but I will if I have to if society keeps on going downhill.

Hope this helps someone else.

Dan

So I got two of these, for my small 4x4 trucks, Ok quality, works to secure the trucks, I don't know how hard it is to break into the locks, even if so thief needs a way to crank it open. Not many people use these so doubt thieves will buy one to figure out how break into it. There is a more expensive model as well. Visually it is a great deterrent.

http://www.amazon.com/Iglobalbuy-Heavy-Parking-Caravan-Trailer/dp/B00UL2M9PG/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1459611031&sr=8-4&keywords=wheel+boot#customerReviews

I dont know how you could live like that. I never lock the doors in my house. The keys are in the ignition of every vehicle i own. I suppose crime is down in montana because everyone is armed. Did you hear about the german exchange student who got blown away in someones garage looking for beer? Yeah, you just dont stupid things like that round here, youll get shot.

Shame the cops won't do anything. Small crimes become big crimes, small criminals become big criminals.

I don't blame the cops myself, it is a bigger than that.

Dan

Hello,

I thought to offer a $250 reward for information about the location of my lost camper.

Thanks

Dan

This will eventually lead to people moving away and less revenue for the state. You just can not ignore crime to the point of angering your citizens. I will not be moving there when I retire....

Most major cities have issues like this. It is an unfortunate occurrence but it seems like a lot of the issues around here involving people get a lot of attention.

With theft it is hard to charge somebody with theft unless the cops see the theft or get a confession, the cops have to prove the person stole it, if they cant then the only other option is charging the person with possession of stolen property (minor offense). All the thief has to do is remove the license plate and unless the officer can find the serial number, registration or plate there is little hope for recovery. That goes for pretty much any city or state.

A big problem with some of the recent politically driven law enforcement initiatives or task forces is that you put a ton of resources to capture crooks but don't send any resources on increasing the court capacity, jails, outreach or rehabilitation programs, etc. So all that happens is people get arrested but never charged and then get released. This is a massive problem in the Bakken Oil field in North Dakota (very rural area) along with a lot of densely populated areas.

Hello,

Well it is has been awhile, still have not found a replacement camper it seems the scarcity and value of the Roaming Chariot camper's have only increased. I am sure my camper was taken somewhere and sold.I wonder if the new owner knows it is stolen or not?

Despite the thieves stealing around 7 cars and my camper I have not heard a word of what happened? Of course the cars that were stolen were old dumpy vehicles. I can only guess they were released and the state hoped that they vacated the state area for good---for someplace else, that is a good way to save money if so, no profit in locking people up.

Got another truck with a leaky canopy, thinking of getting another non leaky canopy and using that for camping and hauling stuff in the future.

Luckily no one has been over my yard fence since then to steal more (that I know of). I did put up lights and a strong lock on the gate. Not looking forward to the next big economic downturn.

Insure your camper, for replacement cost if possible.....

Dan O

Sorry for the loss.

We once lost our tent camper and all goods to theft DURING a trip.

Would you care to tell us where your camper was stolen and a bit more of the circumstances ?

Are the three roof racks still on the camper as in the photo you posted ?

I assume it only will fit smaller pickups ?

Good Luck

David Graves

Back
Top Bottom