Roof Lifter Helper Thingy

The Saints

I have seen posted here before a device to help lift the roof. Can anyone help me locate that post? If I recall it had struts that helped lift the roof. Thanks for your help.

Go to FWC user group on this site and look for roof lift struts on the outside.I'm not smart enough to post a link,but that maybe what you are looking for.

What your looking for is the FWC roof raising system. It is basically two pneumatic tube like those used to raise car hatches. I can't remember where the posting is, but that has got to be the best system available.

Not that anyone couldn't have figured a lift like this themselves but I noticed they added this option a few months after pictures of my homemade, virtually identicle lift were posted ;) . Parts for this would be probably <$75 but buying from them ensures correct fit and support for installation as well as possible exchange of struts as noted in above post and no hassle trying to find the parts.

I built a roof lifter with pulleys, but the 28# solar panel on top was still really too much - it really takes two people to use a roof lifter with the heavier weight. When the roof is almost up, you have to push on the end panel to pop it into place, for whch a thrid hand is very useful. I thought about adding a locking mechanism, but in the the end we gave up on the roof lifter and bought the gas struts from FWC. I'm sure they will work on an ATC. $250 for the brackets and struts and 30 minutes to install.

The struts work. We pop them off when we set up so they don't get in the way (30 seconds). We have an Eagle - in the larger Hawks and such, you may not need to pop them off. (Sorry, I don't know the ATC equivalents.)

Back
Top Bottom