Roof rack compatibility

Moose Dog

Hi everyone,

I've had a surf rack on my car for ages, and now for my camper I'd like to configure a system that can carry boards and/or a kayak. Are different brands of crossbars compatible with other brands of kayak mounts, for example? Or for example's sake, does a Yakima only work with a Yakima? I've got my eyes on some crossbars but want to make sure it's the right call.

Fyi on my car I've used simple straps with the bars, but that's not a system I'd like for a kayak...

Thanks and excuse the newb rack question. Maybe there's another topic on this I missed?

And, it's easy to get the Thule TK1 foot (which fits all the Thule landing pads and racks) to fit on a Yakama TRACK, which both ATC and FWC offer to mount from their factories on the top of our pop-up campers.

So, legacy Thule rack systems that a person might already own (like me) can be attached to the Yakama tracks supplied by ATC and FWC.

I did all of the above, thanks everyone! Looks like I can combo the components. Another factor I was thinking about is the curve of the Alaskan roof: I drive a '02 Civic and putting the rack on top of that was a minor debacle due to roof curve - and that was with a 'pro' installer ( another story lol )

Roof rack imminent now :)

Back
Top Bottom