Roof Rack Installation

Been sitting on the material and box for some time...finally got off my butt and got it done!

Big thanks to our rack-building forefathers, couldn't have done it without you guys!

I went with #10 hardware for the mounts, grade 8 bolts for the crossbars - should be pretty bomber. No more sleeping on top of my snowboards, yeah!!! :cool:

Sweet! Mine are still going strong after 4 1/2 years of abuse. Sounds like you're set.

Roof rack https://imgur.com/gallery/TrrvSii

Thank you for everyone's input on this thread. Just finished my roof rack. 1.5 inch aluminum mounting brackets and crossbars. Mounted to the camper with #10 3/4" self tappers. Crossbars bolted on with 1/4" bolts, washers, and locking nuts. All sealed up with clear silicone. Couldn't have done it without this thread.

Dang newbie, nearly a 13 year old thread still helping folks out, so great to hear .
As an update, I am happy to report my old, $78 racks are still doing their job, hauling surfboards and kayaks to Baja without fail, all these years later. Here’s to you having the same luck.

Back
Top Bottom