Rotopax carrier

idahoron

Since adding my camper I have a couple places I just can't get to without more gas. I leave from my house and in less than 20 miles on a farm to market road I am on a dirt two track. I stay on it for little over 150 miles total one way. So I had to get some more gas onboard. I didn't want to attach anything to the camper so I went off the back hitch. I might have to change it if I scrape it in a wash but for now I am going to test this one first.

img_113157_0_19c2ec9f784ee46d17b692aa1ab13273.jpg

img_113157_2_95c04f433637b5a9b365f068ac9ae08a.jpg

IDRon: Here is a modification that I have thought about, but have not yet tried. Either fabricate or find a used tilt down bike rack (Yakima and many other examples on line). I think it would be simple to drill a hole or two in the steel post, then thread bolts for the Rotopax anywhere along the vertical post you want. The containers would be well out of the way. We have a Yakima Swingdaddy to carry bikes with us, but I also have strapped on other things (chairs, river duffle bags, etc) when the room was tight. If I get around to it this spring, I will post some photos of it.

I thought about that too but the weight might be a problem with the bike rack.

Well, the receiver part of the hitch on our Yakima is the same thickness of steel as our raft trailer hitch. We have also carried four bikes (over lot's for rough roads) that weigh out at about 120+ lbs. Not sure how much weight you are thinking about carrying, but based on the steel that our rack is made of, it could probably take quite a bit more.

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom