Rotopax on Bobcat

Gussie

I'm looking to install a 3 gallon Rotopax on the driver side rear of my Bobcat. There's a Rotopax single mount plate that measures 7 1/2" x 7 1/2" x ¼”, and I want to make sure I hit something solid when I mount that plate. (If I had xray vision I would know where to mount)

Any advice?

Attachments

• roto.jpeg
    roto.jpeg
    361.8 KB · Views: 33
Measuring from the outside of the trim on driver side 12 7/8" to center. Measuring from the bottom 0" to 22" in height is a 1 7/16" tube.

B&M said:
Measuring from the outside of the trim on driver side 12 7/8" to center. Measuring from the bottom 0" to 22" in height is a 1 7/16" tube.
Brilliant! Thanks, B&M. I'll assume that the vertical tube is the former, and a horizontal tube the latter, right?

I just mounted that Rotopax mount on the back of my Eagle. Stud finder was no help so I just started drilling small holes from inside the camper before I hit something solid. I used a similar sized aluminum plate in the camper as a backup. Got three bolts through the aluminum frame and the two plates on one side and two bolts through the two plates on the other. Seems solid.

I do wonder about all the hardware used to attach the mount when there is just one measly bolt holding the whole container of gas to the mount.

I've used plus-nuts through the studs to mount 2 gal Rotopax between our headache rack and the camper. I did use a stud finder, inside and out and a remodeler's intuition before drilling a small exploratory hole.

My main problem with Rotopax is the swelling due to temperature and elevation. I've had the hand-tightened bolts loosen multiple times on a trip. I have ordered the deluxe t-handles, so they may work better.

Lighthawk said:
I've used plus-nuts through the studs to mount 2 gal Rotopax between our headache rack and the camper. I did use a stud finder, inside and out and a remodeler's intuition before drilling a small exploratory hole.

My main problem with Rotopax is the swelling due to temperature and elevation. I've had the hand-tightened bolts loosen multiple times on a trip. I have ordered the deluxe t-handles, so they may work better.
Plus nuts? Had to look that up. Like heavy duty Chicago screws. So, you drilled all the way through the stud and secured them from inside your camper?

Late to thread, but I'm using the MULE outfitters plates with some oversized (may rethink this) jam nuts to space them off of the jack brackets some. I placed them near my cab though to use the rear for other things and keep weight forward. Overpriced perhaps, but reversible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom